Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: Nutrition, Food, Security and Livelihood, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster Risk Reduction Management, Advocacy and Good Governance.
- Provide technical and organizational support to the DRR interventions in the Area of Operations.
- Organize assessments (needs & outputs) as needed, and clarify the DRR situation.
- Ensure supervision of programme implementation and coordination with partners.
- As requested by the Technical Coordinator, participate in the writing of proposals and reports to headquarter and donors.
- Under the supervision of the Technical Coordinator, define and monitor the DRR strategy in the Philippines
Objective 1: Strategy
- To be fully aware of ACF technical policies, position papers, modules and protocols. Promote them amongst the department.
- Collect and update information on DRR indicators, actors and activities nationwide for analysis and identification potential areas, partners and activities priorities.
- Support and consolidate the Program Managers and Head of Projects’ strategy analyses & documents to be integrated and developed in the DRR Department strategy at country level.
- To ensure a regular update of the strategy indicators and to identify the needs for update. To inform the Technical Coordinator on contextual changes that may impact the strategy.
- Monitor the implementation of ACF charter, technical policies, position papers, modules and protocols in the implementation of the projects and report to the Technical Coordinator for any discrepancies.
- To ensure that DRR Strategy in the Area of Operation is coherent and aligned with the mission’s DRR Strategy.
Objective 2: Proposals and Reports
- Identification of the needs and the design of DRR activities.
- Under the supervision of the Technical Coordinator, promote the development of partnerships with both private and public organizations.
- Under the coordination of your Line Manager, write and review concept notes and proposals. Ensure the coherence with the ACF strategy, donors’ guidelines, concerned national issues and local priorities & needs.
- Ensure that the DRR teams in the field know Donor Guidelines.
- As requested by the Technical Coordinator, write and review reports to donor, including technical documents and tables. Ensure the relevance of the information provided as well as of the forms used.
- Follow-up of the deadlines and strongly support the team in organization and planning. Ensure timely submission of reports by the DRR technical team in the field.
Objective 3: Implementation
- Ensure that the commitments to donors are respected in the implementation of the activities on the field.
- To report to the Technical Coordinator of any difficulty met by the teams on the field in the implementation of the activities and the action to undertake in order to improve the project implementation.
- Follow-up and support the field activities through visits, phone and mail.
- Report on the DRR situation, activity progress and people’s need / satisfaction after field visits and discuss the relevance of the project implemented.
- Support the DRR team (organization / technique), if needed by doing some of the tasks assigned to the Program Managers.
- To check and improve the tools used in the management of the projects, methodologies and forms.
- To review the data gathering. To ensure that the right data are gathered and classified, regarding proposals, evaluation, contribution, contracts, MOU, photos, etc..
- To capitalise the experiences and develop good practices and success stories.
- Identify and ensure the coordination between the different bases, promoting the sharing of tools and experiences.
- To follow partnerships, including contribution and co-funding issues
Objective 4: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participate to the setting-up of M&E system, to be coordinated with other technical department, including the M&E matrix and associated tools.
- To conduct regular project monitoring according to needs, from review of methodology to the finalization of report.
- Draft any Terms of Reference for external consultancy and follow consultant’s work.
- To support the technical teams in the field in the implementation of surveys and assessments.
- To ensure the timely submission of monthly Activity Progress Reports (APR) done by the teams in the field, identify weaknesses in the submission of the reports and provide technical assistance in order to improve them.
Objective 5: Human Resources Management
- Participate in recruitment of national DRR staff
- Play a key role in the capacity building of DRR staff.
- Participate in the briefing/debriefing of the DRR teams
- To check that each HoP are aware of all ACF regulations & procedures (HR, security, ethic, etc.)
- To participate, as requested, in the performance of regular appraisals of the work/achievements of each HoP.
- Based on the periodic evaluation and project/program needs, identify training needs and develop presentation /tools for training to the staff based on the existing one.
- To review the Mission training Plan with each team and to ensure/monitor its implementation, in coordination with human resource department.
- Organize and provide ad-hoc training to the team.
- To support the Program Managers in the research of external competencies to provide training to the staff; and to identify seminar and workshop that may be useful in the development of the activities.
Objective 6: Representation and Coordination
- To attend meetings with partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries, and to represent ACF if needed, and report back points of interest.
- Support the organization of donors / HQ visit in the country/field, as requested.
- To represent ACF for internal / external coordination at the capital level for department related issues.
- Act as focal point on DRR-related issues.
- Prepare reports on meetings attend and conduct re-orientation of meeting/workshop attended
- To ensure the coordination with HQ Technical department. To communicate with the technical department of the headquarter in Madrid, providing the requested information, answering its request and/or requesting their advise / validation in case of need.
Objective 7: Budget and Finance
- To participate to the set-up of budget for proposal writing, or reformulation of proposals as needed.
- To ensure the proper disposition of the documents needed to be recorded and classified for administrative purpose at the end of each project, and to flag any issue related to the proper archiving of projects’ documentation.
- To follow the justification of the contribution from partners and to identify any risks linked with the non-achievement of the amount forecasted. To ensure the update by the Head of Program of the contribution follow-up sheet.
- To review the procurement plan and to ensure its accordance with the timeframe of activities and assess its relevance/feasibility.
- To review the Admin/Logistic procedure used by the Head of Program and to ensure their accordance with the rules set-up by the logistic department.
- To review the budget forecast and follow-up and to signal any discrepancy with the proposal budget to the Admin Coordinator.
Bachelors Degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Environmental Management, or any related field. Masters Degree is a plus
Proven experience and/or knowledge in DRR and resilience programming with emphasis on cross cutting sectors such as WASH, DRR, NUT, FSL
Work experience with NGOs. Work experience with donors.
Experience in team/program management
Field experiences, community organization experiences an advantage
Good organizational and analytical skills. Need to be dynamic
Ability to deal with partners
Ability to be flexible in terms of planning, to travel extensively
English and Filipino compulsory, good writing and communication skills
Highly proficient in the use of office tools
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on ACF grid and candidate's previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send: A letter of motivation, updated CV and the details of 2 contacts from the human resource department that can provide professional references for the last two work experiences.
PLEASE send all applications citing the following reference PH187 to:
The Human Resources department will contact only those pre-selected for an interview.