World Vision International
Join us and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. We are committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment types (full time, freelance, consultancy…etc) is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Early Childhood Education Coordinator
Purpose of position:
The purpose of this position is to lead the World Vision Jordan early childhood education (ECE) projects. The position holder will be responsible to directly manage and support staff leading the ECE project implementation through technical input and administrative support. S/He will be responsible for reporting, financial accountability, use of appropriate curriculum, and coordinating projects reaching children with a consistent modality for effective programming.
Manage and provide leadership for the Early Childhood Education team:
- Manage and support the ECE Project Implementation Team
- Create and implement professional Development Plan for all direct reports and host capacity building trainings
- Research or develop tools for effective programming in ECE.
- Ensure a coordinated and consistent approach is used to reach beneficiaries for efficient and effective programming
- Ensure Projects meet technical requirements including appropriate tools and curriculum for the target demographic.
- Follow up with partner organizations when appropriate to monitor capacity and implementation quality
Coordinate with the Program Development and Quality Assurance Department to maintain quality implementation and access new funding.
- Support the Education Program Manager in updating Education Strategy documents
- Collaborate with Programme Department to make sure programme designs are technically sound
- Ensure all grants related to ECE refer to technical standards, consider government standards and are aligned with internal and external Strategic Objectives
- Follow up with Accountability to respond to feedback from areas of implementation to strengthen ECE approach
Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to position World Vision within the Education Sector:
- Work with other managers and coordinators to ensure crosscutting and multi sector program capacity
- Work with Supply Chain to make sure procurement planning is accurate and on target.
- Collaborate with Finance to review financial reports and maintain accurate spending reports and up-to-date budgets.
- Ensure World Vision is appropriately represented at Children in Emergencies focused Working Groups
Prepare, review, edit, and submit regular reports
- Provide input for grant/donor and programme milestone and reports to the Education Program Manager
- Provide regular updates to Education Program Manager
- Update monthly situation report and Grant performance Tracker.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Education or Child Protection related fields.
Experience: 2+ years in humanitarian response
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in management education projects, or specific experience with early childhood education projects.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English, Arabic is an advantage.
- Technical expertise in Children in Emergencies, Education, Early Childhood Education, or Child Protection
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel to field sites within Jordan
- Achieving quality results and service
- Practicing accountability and integrity
- Communicating information effectively
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
- Understanding the Humanitarian industry
- Understanding WV’s mission & operations
- Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
- Learning for growth and development
- Maintaining work/life balance
- Building collaborative relationships
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity
- Influencing individuals & groups
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via Akhtaboot.