HIV and AIDS – The Past, Present, and Future.
- BY Adela
ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS EXCITING ROLE?
Contract Length: Two year fixed-term
Base location: Manila, Philippines.
Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development.
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. Oxfam sa Pilipinas has been working in the country for over 25 years. In the Philippines, our goal is to contribute to the eradication of poverty by supporting women and other vulnerable groups in saving lives and building livelihoods, enhancing their resilience to crises, shocks and stresses, and making their voices heard to hold duty-bearers accountable.
Oxfam sa Pilipinas has recently undergone a transformation to its business model in order to respond to a changing external environment and to focus on strengthening partnership as a primary modality for delivery of programmes. As part of this restructure we are also focusing on the technical areas in which we can add the most value within the Philippines and have identified continued work within emergency food security and vulnerable livelihoods (EFSVL) as one of those key areas.
If you’re a senior development professional with a credible track record in EFSVL, looking to take the next step in your career with an exciting global organization then this could be your role.
As the EFSVL Advisor (Manila-based) you will lead the organization in furthering our work in this area. You’ll forge strong relationships with partner organizations and other relevant actors to ensure that Oxfam is able to add significant value in the area of EFSVL in the Philippines
Using your well developed project management skills you will work cross-functionally to ensure effective project delivery, working collaboratively with partner organisations and communities to achieve this.
What Skills Are We Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge of the Philippines political and economic landscape. S/he will have had significant experience of EFSVL programming in the Philippines and be an accomplished professional with an in-depth technical understanding and commitment to a rights-based approach. Wide experience working in partnership with a variety of stakeholders is crucial, as is a demonstrated ability to take a service oriented attitude to partnership. The ideal candidate has to be proactive, a problem solver and keen to try out new things. Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English and Tagalog is also essential.
You will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Degree in agriculture, animal production, food security, rural development, community development or related disciplines
· Minimum of 7 years providing technical leadership on food security and livelihoods including specific experience of: a) cash transfer programming b) market based programming and c) agro/livestock emergency, recovery and resilience support services/inputs
· Experience of assessing, monitoring and evaluating EFSVL interventions and understanding of, and ability to train others in, the use of commonly used EFSVL tools and indicators (IPC, HEA, FCS, HDDS, nutritional surveys etc)
· Experience of value-chain, EMMA or PCMMMA or Market Monitoring, and market-based programming
· Proven ability to understand and apply issues related to gender and protection in development and humanitarian contexts
· Demonstrated experience in policy analysis and policy dialogue on EFSVL issues
· Extensive experience in vulnerability and humanitarian situation assessment
· Strong interpersonal skills and a highly developed ability to work in multicultural settings and with community groups of varying backgrounds; developed capacity for tact, diplomacy and negotiation
· Demonstrated capacity to apply a service oriented approach to working in partnership and cross-functionally
· Solid track record of securing and managing funds from institutional donors such as DFID, EU(ECHO), DFAT, SIDA, OFDA, and UN
· Solid experience of writing high quality proposals and concepts notes
· Mature understanding of transformation derived from direct experience in a development and/or humanitarian context
· Well developed analytical and strategic planning skills with the ability to influence the wider country programme strategy
· Sound understanding of programme management with experience across a range of program types
· Demonstrated experience in building capacity for EFSVL programming in partner organizations
· Demonstrated experience of integrating gender protection and diversity issues into development and humanitarian programming
· Demonstrated ability to identify and implement opportunities for innovation
· Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Filipino
· Master’s degree in related area (rural development, livelihoods, agriculture)
· Experience with tender and consortium bid development and management
· Previous experience working with private sector actors including securing funds
This post will be Manila-based with regular travel to field sites and occasional international travel
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/5117/descriptionOR visit our website www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job reference number 3058. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In your application please ensure that you address your suitability towards the outlined selection criteria, in order to be shortlisted.
Closing Date: December 19, 2016
Interviews will be held first week of January.
Oxfam is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from women, minority and underrepresented groups.