Dexis Consulting Group, a leading international development firm based in Washington D.C., is seeking candidates for Emergency Response and Preparedness Consultant for an anticipated, upcoming multi-year New Delhi-based U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC)-supported activity designed to respond to EBOLA and infectious disease outbreak in India.
The position will provide technical assistance and support services to EBOLA and infectious outbreak response and recovery efforts in India for emergency management activities, including developing and strengthen preparedness and response skills through capacity building and training. Assistance and support will be provided to CDC, the India Government and health care workers at the local levels.Responsibilities
- In coordination with the CDC and the EBOLA response team provides technical assistance to host government response and health care staff (primarily at the local levels) to meet established public health and emergency management standards to effectively respond and contain the EBOLA epidemic
- In coordination with the CDC, EBOLA response team and host government develops, provides and coordinates emergency management capacity development training for central and local level host country staff to build and improve health emergency preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation at the central and local levels. Activities include, but are not limited to: o Emergency operations mgmt. planning, coordination, administration tasks
- Public information/emergency risk communications
- Preparedness, response, and situational awareness activities
- Safety and risk management functions
- Liaison coordination
- Assists CDC in the identification, tracking of progress, and provision of ongoing recommendations to enhance country’s incident management structure
- Provides technical expertise on development of emergency management capacity at public health emergency management meetings
- Provides input to the Incident Action Plan (IAP) and status reports (e.g. the Situation Reports- SITREPs. Reviews IAP’s, identifies response capability limitations, and recommends proposed tactics for coordinating response activities
- Prepares input for response reports, slides, and other materials as required
- Travel to Amritsar, Ludhiana, and Lucknow, India to provide and coordinate emergency management capacity and development training for central and local level host country staff
Minimum Qualifications and/or Certifications
- Master degree, plus 2 years of experience in emergency management or related area; or Bachelor degree, plus 3 years of experience in emergency management or related area
- Specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience with: o Emergency management principles, response operations, and the fundamentals of establishing and implementing an emergency management and response effort, or developing, providing TA to a foreign government /Ministry of Health Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- EOC and emergency response management, EOC administration, and event/emergency management system policies, protocols, and procedures
- Outbreak response planning and operations, gaining situational awareness, and managing outbreak information
- Resource management, logistic support, and finance considerations
- Evaluating a response environment and experience in engaging in planning and developing action plans; and in initiating and monitoring a response
- Acquiring resources to respond and an awareness of how to track resources
- Reporting activities to someone with authority either to seek direction or to account for their activities
- Coordinating medical services that include infrastructure, human resources, specimen transport, patient evacuation and care, medical equipment, and medical supplies
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and providing effective training
- Excellent writing skills and experience in development of strategic documents, briefing documents, protocols, survey tools, and reports.
- Language proficiency in Hindi preferred
- Level IV speaking and writing proficiency in English
- Ability to effectively communicate in English with various groups (speaking, reading, and writing)
With over 15 years of experience, Dexis specializes in creating custom-tailored, adaptable, and effective international development solutions. Operating in over 70 countries, we support clients like the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Department of State, Department of Defense, and other multilateral agencies. We are one of the fastest growing firms in international development and our staff report some of the highest levels of job satisfaction in our industry.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.