Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Liberia, SI implements the Liberia Strategic Analysis (LSA) activity which provides USAID/Liberia with analytical and advisory services in support of strategic planning, project and activity design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning and adapting. LSA’s services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health, education, the environment, and economic growth.
- USAID/Liberia has engaged LSA to conduct an external Midterm Performance Evaluation of an agribusiness activity. This activity aims to increase agricultural incomes of smallholder farmers through increasing private sector investment in the Liberian agribusiness sector.
- The purpose of this evaluation is to measure progress of the first two and a half years of implementation to help determine what activities are working well and why, and to make modifications and corrections for the remaining implementation period. USAID/Liberia will use findings from this evaluation to improve the effectiveness of the intervention and inform future investment in the agriculture sector.
- The estimated start date will be March 12, 2018 through June 2018. The estimated LOE will be 45 days.
Position Description: SI is seeking an Evaluation Specialist who will who will provide technical support to the evaluation team. The Evaluation Specialist will be working alongside three team members: Team Leader, Agricultural Economist, and Agribusiness Specialist.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Support the Team Leader's efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Provide logistical planning and coordination for the evaluation.
- Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Liberia.
- Write assigned sections of the draft evaluation report in coordination with team members, taking into consideration feedback from the findings presentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other's areas of expertise.
- Must have at least five years of experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Experience evaluating agriculture and value chain strengthening programs.
- Demonstrated logistics and planning skills.
- Broad knowledge of agribusiness issues in Liberia.
- Ability to assist with qualitative instrument preparation, key informant interviews, focus group discussions and other data collection, and analysis of collected data.
- A university degree in a discipline related to research, social sciences, or similar field.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills are essential.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.