UNICEF, Copenhagen, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks:
- Provides assistance to the Director and the Deputy Directors in the oversight of Supply Divisions operational activities.
- Act as a focal point for SD audits and verifications, including the preparation of, administration and filing, as well as following-up on reports and ensuring that complete responses are provided on a timely basis. In addition act as a focal point for the Evaluations Management Responses supporting the Evaluation Manager.
- In close collaboration with relevant centers in SD, undertake reviews of all country office audits and follows up on supply related observations and recommendations with regional supply officers or supply/operations officers (where there is no regional officers) and conducts an annual analysis on such.
- Facilitates smooth running of the Director's Office in planning, managing and coordinating the major activities of the office including, work plans, major meetings, visits and travel in collaboration with the administration assistants.
- Prepare presentations and any other material required by the Director / Deputy Directors for internal as well as external meetings and events.
- Follow-up on major issues requiring Director/Deputy Director's action, coordinating with the Division Sr. colleagues and other offices as required.
- Ensure proper monitoring of the Travel plan and the Director's Office Budget including the review of hospitality requests.
- Draft procedures that apply to work processes in the Director's office and also act as the procedures focal point for the Director's office.
- Participate in meetings and duty travels/missions as required.
- Performs any other tasks as required by the Director and Deputy Directors.
- A completed 1st University Degree (Bachelor's) in Business Administration, Public Affairs, Social Sciences, International Relations or other related discipline is required.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in public affairs or international development; co-operation preferably within the UN or similar Organization or NGO is required.
- Knowledge of public procurement and financial processes is required.
- Experience in supporting independent assessments of organizations is required.
- Experience with computer applications and SAP is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in another official UN language is an asset.
How To Apply: