Finance & Admin Associate – Global Tech and MENA
Internews Network, Washington DC, United States
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 19:15
The Finance & Administration (F&A) Associate serves as a key member of the Global Technology and MENA portfolios. The F&A Associate is responsible for providing financial support to management and program staff during pre-award, implementation, and closeout. The F&A Associate will work closely with program staff to develop, manage, and reconcile budgets and project expenditures in support of program objectives. The F&A Associate will also assist the Business Manager implement and maintain effective financial management controls and ensure compliance with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares proposal budgets, budget narratives, and budget modifications.
- Tracks monthly expenditures against project and portfolio budgets.
- Prepares monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Assists management and program staff forecast planned expenditures.
- Reviews invoices, payment requests, advance requests, expense reimbursements and proper coding, prior to approval.
- Reviews sub-grantee financial reports and any supporting documentation.
- Reviews quarterly and final financial reports prior to submitting to funder.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly credit card statements.
- Monitors program accounting to ensure compliance with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures.
- Assists with audits inquiries and gathering supporting documentation.
- Investigates financial discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Provides ad hoc financial and administrative support to management, as requested.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of progressively complex accounting experience.
- Relevant University degree.
- One year of experience working with an International NGO.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US State Dept.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Proven ability to set priorities and mange time effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
- Arabic and/or Farsi language skills preferred;
- US work authorization required.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.