In 2016, Tdh launched an integrated emergency WaSH, Child Protection and NFI response, following several waves of IDPs resulting from military operations to free Shirgat districts, as well as the South Mossul Corridor. Tdh is currently operating in Tikrit, Baiji, Shirqat, Qayarah and Tooz districts. Tdh is also operating in Kirkuk governorate via Cash grant and Child protection assistance.
- Manages and organises the administrative and financial departement of the delegation and bases (administration, accounting, financial management) in close collaboration with the Country Representative and the HQ. S/he is the direct interface between the delegation and the headquarters and/or field financial partners as regards financial reporting.
- In his/her capacity of Foundation representative, the Coordinator reports to the Country Representative and provides multi-base, multi-sponsor and/or multi-partner supervision and follow-up for the projects. S/he is responsible for the implementation of the strategy and the development and managerial coordination of the Admin and financial teams under his/her responsibility.
- S/he is able to make independent decisions and actions in his/her field of activity.
- S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the teams as regards the Tdh mandate and commitments and international standard.
Fonction details :
Responsibility: Manages the programme's financial resources
Aim: To ensure on-going sound financial management that complies with internal procedures and with the guidelines of financial partners
- Ensure the spread, adherence and monitoring of Tdh’s procedures;
- Define and elaborate the budget proposals;
- Provide the programme's global financial monitoring (by Finance Management Tool);
- Guarantee high quality accounting;
- Monitor the high quality cash management between the HQ and bases, in accordance with security considerations and program needs;
- Ensure compliance with financial rules in the management of the programme's main partnerships;
- Ensure that each budget holder has received adequate training for managing their budget and codifying expenditure correctly;
- Manage and facilitate external audits, internal control and fraud prevention.
Activities specific to institutional donors:
- Ensure the spread, adherence and monitoring of the donor procedures;
- Lead the production of budget forecasts, the implementation and monitoring of the programme's budget and reporting;
- Produce correct and timely financial information to complete proposals and financial reports;
- Facilitate the establishment of country strategy by making the financial information and analysis available.
- In his/her professional activities, adhere to the values defined in the strategic plan: commitment, expertise, integrity and self-reliance;
- Work in different cultural backgrounds and in difficult situations, deal with confrontation due to differences (intercultural).
Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) - Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy;
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies;
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Professional diploma or university degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Audit
- Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Knowledge of SAGA
Skills: Organized, proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset