HIV and AIDS – The Past, Present, and Future.
- BY Adela
The MENTOR Initiative (MENTOR) is working in partnership with the government of Angola through a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Health, to support the implementation of the Neglected Tropical Diseases, Malaria Public Sector and Malaria Private Sector programmes.
The MENTOR Initiative is working in 6 provinces, but operating from own bases in the provinces Huambo (Huambo), Zaire (M’Banza Congo), Uige (Uige), Bie (Kuito) and a residential base in the capital Luanda.
The Finance and Administration manager will lead the MENTOR Initiative Angola mission in achieving administrative, financial, logistics and HR related programme objectives in a timely manner. They will support the Country Director (CD) with the strategic development of grants, related responses to identified needs on the ground and donor funding opportunities. The consultant will establish the organisation’s standardised financial, administrative, logistics and human resource systems and processes, ensuring the implementation of these at all levels of the organisation’s country programme.
The programme focuses on health system strengthening and partnership working to achieve positive health outcomes in the areas of Neglected Tropical Disease and Malaria.
A highly skilled and motivated individual, the post holder will enjoy working as part of a team, motivating and inspiring team members to deliver programme aims to high standards. Experienced in all aspects of project management, including HR, the Finance and Administration manager will be able to effectively plan and ensure fiscal accountability, whilst the rest of the team deliver programme goals. Within MENTOR the post holder will maintain good working relationship between country teams and HQ. Fluent in English, the post holder will also be able to communicate effectively in Portuguese or Spanish (willingness to learn Portuguese), as this post will have a strong national staff capacity building element.
Qualifications and Experience
• A strong and demonstrable financial or accountancy background, with experience of managing complex budgets of multiple projects with tight timelines.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in senior roles within international development, and/or in emergency response.
• Experience of all aspects of financial management and administration.
• Fluency in verbal and written English.
• Fluency in oral and spoken Portuguese.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst maintaining good communication with HQ.
• Experience of planning and management of complex budgets.
• Adaptable, flexible and responsive to change.
• Actively non-discriminatory, able to work with people from a range of backgrounds and abilities and get the best out of them.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their detailed CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org