Baytna Syria was launched in 2013 as a networking, training, and grant-making facility for Syrian civil society organizations, offering support to CSOs based inside Syria and the neighbouring countries.
Baytna Syria is seeking to recruit a Finance and Admin Manager (FAM) to develop & lead the finance, admin and HR functions at Baytna Syria
Contract Type and Length: Long term employment
Candidate starting Date: ASAP
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Job Ref: BSHR.V10.16
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Controls all changes to chart of accounts.
Ensures accurate financial reporting and bookkeeping
Develops and reviews monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
Provides technical guidance and oversight to the finance officer
Monitors cash management and ensures cash efficacy and efficiency
Leads budget preparation process and financial planning process
Co-approves with the ED all payments made by Baytna Syria
Participates in all procurement committees
Maintains overall oversight on petty cash and cash in safe
Coordinates the annual audit and prepare all documents for independent auditors.
Leads all financial reporting to donors
Leads all admin staff of Baytna Syria and ensures office policies and procedures are implemented, ensures all HR and personnel matters are maintained and dealt with adequately, and follows up on all maintenance issues
Performs other related duties as assigned
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance / accounting / business management or any other relevant field of study. An MBA is a plus.
· At least 5 years of professional work experience in accounting and finance with at least 2 years in a managerial position
· Ability to work in a team and to sometimes tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
· Very good mastering of English and Arabic (both verbal and written)
· Excellent knowledge of and expertise in accounting principles and policies, reporting guidelines, tax and financial management, cash optimization and HR theory
· Ability to communicate with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
· Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
· Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks
· Experience of working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and cover letter via-email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2016 and include the Vacancy Reference number in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted