Finance and Administration Assistant
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
- Assists in processing Financial Management Accounting System (FMAS) including preparing and verifying vouchers, receipts and other supporting documentation for SLRM’s financial transactions.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and timely accounting records and provides periodic and ad hoc reports of SLRM financial transactions relating to both operational and administrative activities in accordance with ADB’s guidelines and procedures.
- Assists in processing and accounting for disbursements of SLRM operational and administrative activities including payment for contractual services, day-to-day cashiering, bank functions (e.g. deposits, withdrawals), and handling of SLRM petty cash.
- Facilitates payment on Regional Technical Assistance (RETA) / Technical Assistance (TA) and other organizations related transactions including liquidation if needed.
- Handles recoveries from various meetings/workshops on the use of official phone and stationeries.
- Assists in issuing travel advance, monitoring of travel budget utilization for SLRM, and submission of travel related documentation with close coordination with the Controller’s Department to meet ADB guidelines on business travel.
- Provides clerical support in all phases of SLRM’s recruitment process including preparation of draft job descriptions and vacancy advertisements in consultation with BPMSD focal points, arranging advertisements, doing initial screening of candidates, arranging interviews and other related tasks.
- Provides clerical support in carrying out personnel administration functions including processing and monitoring of overtime, leave, attendance, etc.
- Acts as focal point of contact among medical and dental hospitals/clinics including negotiating with hospitals/clinics for the special rate; reviews and updates the medical and dental contract; and provides advice to SLRM staff on medical matters.
- Maintains and updates relevant databases and records for personnel files of SLRM.
- Monitors the activities of drivers, cleaners and the maintenance of RM compound.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or related field
- Work experienceAt least 5 years of relevant experience.
How To Apply: