Finance and Administrative Manager,
USAID/Jordan Monitoring and Evaluation Support, Jordan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of this project is to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Jordan Office of Program Management and Development Objective (DO) teams and implementing partners (IPs) in the areas of project monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management to enable USAID/Jordan to fulfill its performance and evaluation requirements as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS) and other Agency guidance.
**Please note: Only Jordanian citizens are eligible for this position.
- Manage all administrative systems and procedures necessary for the implementation of technical and administrative activities related to the project;
- Operate and coordinate administrative tasks and ensure overall compliance with MSI, USAID, and Jordanian Government policies and procedures by all staff;
- Draft correspondence for other administrative documents, as needed by suppliers and third parties;
- Maintain electronic and physical files organized and up to date;
- Supervise the operations team, which may include a Field Accountant, Administrative Assistant and driver;
- Train the operations team on the FO policies and making sure the correct compliance to those policies:
- Work with the PM to update the operations manuals, which include the security and finance manuals, and assist the HR Director to update the personnel manual.
- Conduct trainings to the FO staff on the security procedures and manuals; Conduct the required drills in accordance the security manuals;
- Follow up on the maintenance of the FO offices and equipment, including necessary repairs, maintain updated insurance policies, and renew licenses and registration where applicable.
- Follow up on the paperwork required for the issuance and renewals of the expatriate staff residencies and work permits;
- Track the local budget, as guided by the COP and assist in preparing budgets for the project activities, which may include the evaluations and assessments performed by the project;
- Manage field office accounts in the QuickBooks accounting platform in order to ensure accurate, timely, and reliable financial statements; Coordinate closely with and produce accounting and financial reports;
- Maintain constant communication with the MSI HQ Administrative team regarding management and accessibility of all financial resources in order to comply with established regulations;
- Prepare “Check Request Forms,” for presentation to the COP for approval and signature;
- Prepare financial statements along with the respective supporting documentation, such as explanatory notes, as requested by the tax and audit administration of the GOJ;
- Generate official documentation to support balances and declarations to be presented;
- Prepare checks for payments to local vendors;
- Prepare budget trackers to the FO various activities including evaluations and assessments;
- Attend to other administrative and management requests made by the Chief of Party; and
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years' financial management experience preferred, including prior experience as Finance Manager for USAID funded programs;
- Human Resources management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in USAID rules and regulations;
- Knowledge and experience in Jordanian accounting systems;
- English language fluency required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com