UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Strong financial management for organization's effectiveness
How can you make a difference?
The Finance Assistant, G5 position reports to Finance Specialist, NOC in Finance Unit. The unit is contributing to the achievement of one of the Operation section’s objectives which is improved country office financial management and operations support. The efficiency and efficacy of the Finance Assistant directly impacts on the optimum, appropriate and effective use of resources and efficient financial recording, accounting and reporting, which in turn facilitates management oversight, decision making and quality control.
Your key functions and accountabilities (detailed job description attached):-
- Review and verify non-ticket travel costs payable to staff and air ticket costs payable to travel agent for local and external travel posted in the system with complete supporting documents from staff and invoices from travel agent
- Create requests to Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) on My Case web portal as a local focal point-Finance for direct invoice payables to vendors/contractors with complete information and documentation
- Maintain and process financial records for accounts payable invoices for replenishment of bank/cash accounts, accounts receivable for UN common services and personal use of phone and prepayment purchase orders in the system ensuring accuracy of general ledger account and completeness of documents in line with Financial and Accounting rules and policies
- Create funds commitments for activities funded from institutional budget. Assist and participate in monitoring and analysis of institutional budget and preparation of integrated budget for submission to the regional office for programme budget review
- Monitor and analyse accounts payable open items related to staff vendors ensuring that all outstanding items are valid and current. Assist in the preparation of year end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment, etc.
- Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions as required
- Performs other duties as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Bachelor degree in financial management, accounting and any related areas. Supplemental formal financial/ accounting training may be accepted if University degree is not in a related financial field.
- Additional professional qualification and/or certification in accounting and auditing is an asset.
- Minimum of five years of experience, including progressively responsible work in finance, accounting and auditing activities.
- Experience in international organization is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Myanmar
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are
- Communication (I)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning & Organizing (I)
- Following Instructions & Procedures (I)