The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Purpose of the job:
- The Finance Assistant works under the supervision of finance officer in Herat Office.
- He/ She is responsible for some financial tasks which are mentioned in further detail as bellow.
- Such as verification of all financial documents, payments, budget tracking, preparing monthly financial reports, tax reports, recording financial record(Soft/Hard) and any other tasks which assign by his supervisor.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
- Be in - charge of some financial matters in Herat office
- Be responsible for verifying of payments to contractors, & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC Financial policies and procedures;
- Analysis financial information and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Maintain all financial records properly (hard copy and soft version);
- Verification of staff salary payroll, periderm, travel and other allowances;
- Shall verify all purchase requests and cash advances
- Shall participate in all suppliers bidding selection committees
- Be responsible to make cash forecast on monthly basis and send to Herat office for the process
- Prepare vouchers and their supporting documents
- Assist to maintain hard and soft filing system
- Maintain budget tracking sheet.
- Maintain and follow supplier, landlord and payroll tax clearing forms
- Prepare monthly tax reports
- Prepare bank reconciliation of bank account.
- Responsible for all cash related matters
- Responsible for all bank related issue
- Perform other tasks requested by his supervisor
- University degree in Business administration/Finance, B. Com, Economics or equivalence
- 3 years’ experience working as a Finance Officer/Finance assistant with private and humanitarian local and INGOs.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Education title: University degree in Business administration/Finance, B. Com, Economics or equivalence
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
Travel: Some travelling must be expected