Finance Assistant/Finance Associate
Abt Associates, Mozambique
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers and correspoonding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
- Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares the monthly ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Liaise with the Finance & Contracts Director and the Finance & Contract Analyst at the AIRS 2 Headquarters Office on all aspects of financial procedures and any issues that may arise.
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
- Assists the Finance & Administration Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Secondary School (minimum) or a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or other relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- Fluent in Portuguese; English highly desirable.
- (3+) years of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply: