Greenlight Planet, Mumbai, India
The Finance Controller will work closely with the Global controller and CFO/ Business managers to provide financial expertise with regards to controllership and compliance for US/HK entity. This person will be accountable for all the accounting and reporting books of accounts for Greenlight Planet (US/HK). He or she will be also responsible for ensuring compliance on tax laws and regulations and accounting as per GAAP. This person will be responsible to manage Finance controllers/managers for various entities and lead the team.
- Develop an accounting organization capable of scaling with an aggressive integration plan.
- Research and resolve technical accounting issues, especially regarding revenue recognition for different sales channels
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data including monthly consolidated, department level financial reports and trends on a timely basis
- Manage closure of books and audits for all GLP US/HK
- Ensuring accurate month-close/quarter- close and year-close processes and manage all financial reporting responsibilities
- Lead closure of all statutory and tax audits, external and internal audits
- Finalization of the financial statements and perform the required analytical review of the financial statements
- Discuss auditor queries and close all issues raised by the auditors
- Manage tax and overall account reconciliations to ensure the balance sheet is stated accurately
- Responsible for ensuring accounting in accordance with US GAAP / IFRS
Taxes and local compliance
- Manage all direct and indirect tax filings, reporting, analysis and all of its underlying processes
- Assist in all Transfer pricing assessments, filings, reporting and processes
- Assist in liaising with the Service provider for getting the Transfer pricing study completed on a yearly basis
- Responsible for preparing the necessary Tax reporting package on a quarterly basis for
- provision of all the status updates to Global finance team
- Responsible for ensuring that the correct with-holding tax rate has been used for deducting the tax for all the required heads and all relevant items have been included for with-holding tax deduction
- Responsible for getting the remittance done on time for all statutory payments on monthly, quarterly or annually.
- Responsible for maintenance of the monthly Compliance Dashboard and to ensure that all statutory payments are made on time
- Partner with CFO/CEO/Business heads team to execute finance initiatives across organization as required from time to time
- Drive visibility into variable cost accounting, variable cost productivity, project margins analysis and other key financial metrics.
- Responsible for creation of masters with all the relevant information of the customers and vendors and maintenance of necessary documents for them
- Lead payables team
- Lead the Global team in consolidation of accounts for different global entities in addition to India books
- Ensure all local secretarial compliances are done on time
Ideal candidate for this role:
- 4-6 years relevant work experience in Controllership, accounting or taxation practices
- Relevant work experience with Big 4 audit firms or MNCs
- Excellent analytical skills, able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking/problem solving, able to lead projects/process improvement within
- Able to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them
- Fluent in written and verbal English communication
- Excellent presentation skills and strong executive presence
- Ability to prioritize & promote teamwork
- Excellent grasp over MS Excel and MS power point
- Should be flexible, willing to stretch and achieve over and above base expectations.