We seek to appoint a strong and experienced Finance Controller to be based at New Delhi office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the books and records for three registered companies and will manage approximately 5 members of the India and China accounting team. China. Reporting to the E&A Accounting Director, based in London, your responsibilities will involve a variety of duties including managing the delivery of the local accounting functions to the corporate group, as well as ensuring all local statutory reporting and compliance requirements are fulfilled.
As the successful candidate you will have a proven track record within a Senior Finance role in a multi-national company with strong leadership skills and first class technical ability. You will play a critical role in providing financial control, driving P&L compliance, and leading the delivery of timely, insightful and accurate reporting to the corporate group.
This is a key role within our accounts department where you will deal with employees across all levels of the business. Key to success in this role will be an outgoing and inclusive style, working closely with a global team to deliver the required results. You must be passionate, focused on detail, hands on and thrive on driving enhancements to processes and procedures.
- Producing monthly US GAAP (Costpoint ERP) and Local GAAP E&A India (Tally ERP 9) and China accounts, including high quality review of the income statement, balance sheet and cashflow forecast;
- Develop best practice accounting processes and procedures, with strong financial controls;
- Ensure accuracy of intercompany reporting. This will include co-coordinating with regional and corporate finance teams to ensure any discrepancies are identified and resolved;
- Ensure all SOX related responsibilities are timely and accurate;
- Ensure high quality and accurate reconciliations between US and local GAAP ledgers, maintained on a monthly basis;
- Ensure all month-end processes and procedures are professionally documented.
- The above may expand to cover other regional entities acquired or established
- Working with both Maconomy and Costpoint financial systems, as well as Hyperion (HFM) for US GAAP consolidation;
- Using Tally ERP 9 for local Indian reporting and Genius for local indirect tax filings;
- Completing monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation using Blackline.
Audit and Compliance
- Leading and coordinating of external and internal audits, including lead contact for audit team, to ensure timely completion of India and China Audits;
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all GST and TDS returns;
- Develop a strong framework of corporate governance and ensure that the requirements of the Group’s Internal Control requirements are met;
- Liaise with Corporate Tax team to ensure correct Corporation Tax estimates and annual tax returns are filed with the local authorities;
- Work with Tax and Treasury teams on related accounting and project initiatives. This could include setting up and maintaining accounting operations surrounding new branch operations of the relevant entities;
- Ensure appropriateness and compliance of group transfer pricing policy with local statutory regulations, making all accounting entries in the local books;
- Communicates with other areas of the organisation to achieve the finance department’s objectives within the context of the broader business
Leadership and Strategic
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to the Finance team, as well as the wider back-office teams;
- Continue development of the Bangalore team, as the office continues to expand, managing the relationship with key stakeholders. This should include a monthly visit to our Bangalore office;
- Complete and close out our Tally In-housing project;
- Accounting lead for the merger of one of our entities, including working closely with legal and tax teams;
- Support and develop our China entity remotely, as it goes through a growth phase;
- Ad-hoc projects including assisting on any potential due diligence and assistance in migration and upgrade of existing accounting systems.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ideally have ‘Big 4’ experiences, or other major global employer;
- Qualified chartered accountant with 8+ years’ experience of working in a Finance & Accounting role and educated to a degree level;
- Working in an international environment, liaising with overseas colleagues
- A very good command of verbal and written English is essential;
- Intermediate MS Excel skills;
- Demonstrated proven experience with preparation and delivery of the year-end statutory Audit, including preparation of audit files, lead schedules, collation of appropriate audit evidence;
- Experience of working in an evolving, changing environments would be advantageous;
- Process improvement and value adding;
- Previous experience with Tally, Maconomy and/or Costpoint, our local financial accounting software, will be advantageous but is not essential for the right candidate;
- Ability to travel on occasion to China, London, USA and prepared to regularly (monthly) travel to Bangalore.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the following strengths:
- An outstanding leader and manager, with proven success in developing and mentoring a finance and wider support teams, in a constructive but effective manner;
- An outgoing and approachable style, with sound commercial business sense and an ability to build relationships across all functions and across international groups;
- Excellent communication skills, at a detailed technical level where appropriate but combined with an ability to explain complex issues clearly and confidently to across a wide range of professional groups;
- Excellent written, analytical and presentation skills;
- Proactive and dynamic, keen to take the initiative and to anticipate and respond to the needs of the business rather than awaiting direction;
- Excellent time and project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information;
- Ability to manage, organize, and prioritize, under tight deadlines.