Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
FHI360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Basic Functions: Under the direction of the Project Coordinator, the Finance & Logistics. Assistant performs recording keeping and payment transactions.
- Assists in the accurate keeping of all financial transactions for the field site.
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany executed sub project documents.
- Assists in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Assists in the maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the state office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the state.
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Manages incentive payments for community volunteers and all field site transactions.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proven ability in accounting for medium, multifaceted programs
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, community volunteers and recipients of assistance
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa communication.
Qualifications and requirements:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.