FINANCE MANAGER (20%)
START DATE: MARCH/APRIL 2017
RHM is looking for a UK-based qualified and motivated Finance Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in supporting the development, sustainability and growth of an international non-governmental organisation. We are looking for an experienced finance manager with knowledge of bookkeeping, financial reporting and financial management, with great interpersonal and leadership skills and meticulous attention to details.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide relevant financial information to Director and assist with the preparation of budgets.
* Monitor expenses and commitments against budget and obligated funds. Ensure authorisation of all requests for expenditure and manage cash-flow and produce cash position statements as and when required.
* Maintain the financial records, including all day books, ledgers and other information necessary to produce quarterly accounts and financial reports.
* Prepare accurate and timely internal and external financial reports, including annual accounts and draft Statement of Financial Activities, in accordance with established schedules and in manner to meet donor expectations and to comply with the statutory requirements.
* Review and analyse monthly financial reports in relation to activity and project budgets and corrects accounting errors.
* Support development of budget and other financial information required for funding proposals.
* Develop, in conjunction with the Director and staff, procedures and mechanisms to improve and maintain financial control and reduce financial risk.
* Operate a monthly payroll system and ensure that all changes (tax levels, tax code, pension, etc.) are incorporated into the payroll system as required. Produce all year end documentation including reconciling the payroll records with the accounts records for the year.
* Supervise the annual audit.
* Submit Charities Commission and Companies House annual returns.
* Produce other financial reports as required.
* Report to the Board as and when required.
* Ensure all aspects of the RHM Financial Procedures are complied with.
* Stay abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
* Other tasks as required by the Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
* Bachelor's Degree or its international equivalent in finance, business administration, accounting or related field.
* More than 10 years related work experience, ideally in the non-profit sector. Experience in international organisations and working with multiple currencies is an asset.
* Experience in financial management, support and compliance functions in organisations funded via government, contracts and grants, foundation and others.
* Experience with external donors, particularly US based foundations, is an asset.
* Comprehensive knowledge of practices and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems.
* Knowledge and experience of Charity Commission.
* Experience working with boards of trustees is required.
* Good IT skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word and experience of using bookkeeping software.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience collaborating in a diverse, and dynamic team.
* Excellent organisational, leadership and managerial skills.
* At ease working remotely.
* Flexible with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Organised with meticulous attention to details.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Integrity, credibility, and a commitment to RHM’s mission.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Part time: 20% - Self-employment is possible.
Location: London, UK**
Start Date: Latest April 2017
Application Deadline: February 15
Note to applicants: ONLY UK-based applicants will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Application - Finance Officer” in the subject line.
Please submit ONE PDF FILE containing your cover letter and your CV.