Start date: September 2017 / according to availability
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Location: Nepal, based in Kathmandu with the possibility of field visits
People in Need (PIN) is Czech based NGO working in relief and development sectors. PIN helps people in emergencies, both in crises of war as well as in areas affected by natural disasters, and in places where it is hard for people to break out of the vicious circle of poverty without support. PIN deal with longer-term problems overseas such as the shortage of safe water, restricted access to good-quality education and health services or environmental degradation. Development cooperation and humanitarian work comprises efforts to help people in their attempts to escape poverty and ensure further development. People in Need often follows up on its humanitarian activities with development projects in order to help prevent future crises and mitigate their negative impacts.
PIN's Relief and Development Section operate in twenty-two countries, with permanent offices in fifteen of them. Every year it carries out projects worth millions of Euros for thousands of people born in less fortunate parts of our planet.
People in Need (PIN) has been working in Nepal on the response immediately after the earthquake, since 27 April 2015. PIN has established presence in several districts in Nepal implementing DFID funded and other projects focusing on rehabilitation of trails, IDP programming and other.
- Responsibility for overall country programme economy (preparation of operational budget and its regular update, proper budgeting, cash flow and cost efficiency monitoring, Foreign exchange rate risk.
- Ensuring that PIN accounting practices, financial procedures and processes are in place.
- Supervision of the compliance of the processes and documentation with the local legal and administrative measures, with donors’ regulations and PIN internal rules.
- Responsibility for financial and project reporting to the donors and HQ.
- Overall responsibility for accurate, punctual and complete accounting data.
- Lead role in preparing for and managing annual audits, project audits and end of year reporting.
- Working closely with programme teams and senior management to ensure timely financial management reporting tools and other related financial issues.
- Close cooperation and coordination with other operational support departments, including Logistics and Human Resources.
- Responsibility for correct use of financial/administrative management systems and provision of training and support to all staff.
- Line management of six members of the Finance Team.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, finance or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in relevant field is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a finance team.
- Previous experience of team management and supervision.
- Previous experience of using accounting and financial management software.
- At least 1 years’ experience of working in an international development setting required.
- Previous experience of working with project partners and international donors preferred.
- Responsible, methodical with great attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience of working in South Asia or Nepal preferred
- Experience from managing systems, logistics, administration or HR would be welcomed.
- Advanced level of written and spoken English Language essential;
- Ability to speak Nepali Language an advantage.
- Possibility to work in a well-established and locally recognized NGO
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel medical insurance
- Accommodation – housing stipend will be provided
- 25 days of paid leave annually