Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been working in Afghanistan since 2003, assisting Afghan IDPs and Refugee Returnees with Information, Counselling and Legal Aid (ICLA), Emergency NFI/ Temporary Shelter Response, Water, Sanitation and hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, Camp Management and Education. The Afghanistan programme employs approximately 20 international staff and over 1,100 national staff with a budget in the region of NOK 206 million with operations in 5 areas of the country.
About the position
The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible for the country financial set up according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation.
The Finance Manager reports to the Head of Support and has line management responsibility for finance staff at the Country Office.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Mentor the current Finance Coordinator to take over as Finance Manager.
- Train the current Finance Coordinator and grants team on how to develop quality budgets for proposals and produce accurate donor reports.
- Work together with Head of Support to train other Finance Coordinators in the field offices on budget management and forecasting.
- Work with existing finance team to produce accurate cost coverage plan for NRC Afghanistan.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Proficiency in using a coaching approach and assuming a mentorship role to transfer knowledge and expertise to staff under supervision.
- Experience in building national staff capacity
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent