Finance Manager, GHSCO
Chemonics, Arlington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Chemonics seeks a Finance Manager to join the Global Health and Supply Chain Office (GHSCO) in support of the indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project.The Finance Manager for the GHSC-PSM project is responsible for monitoring and completing tasks related to GHSC-PSM financial management and tasks related to new business, technical capacity, and management and leadership. The Manager supervises an associate and reports to the IDIQ PMU Finance Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides day-to-day support to project teams and client, including communicating and assisting with the GHSCO and field-office requests and adherence to GHSC-PSM prime contract financial requirements. Supports the implementation of financial management best practices and risk mitigation strategies and approaches.
- Oversees financial aspects of the project’s contract by reviewing monthly invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract provisions. Responsible for monitoring monthly costs using contract budget monitor, tracking contract expenditures against budget and total obligated funds.
- Manages reforecasting for subcontractor costs using level of effort (LOE) and recruitment updates, and subcontractor pipelines; works closely with Country Teams and the GHSC-PSM IDIQ PMU Subcontracts team.
- Prepares documentation and backup for letter of credit (LOC) drawdowns, manages drawdowns, and liaises with Cash Management on drawdown information submission and administration.
- Helps to ensure the accuracy of re-forecasts for GHSC-PSM headquarters (HQ) budget and country budgets; supports monthly headquarters and Country Programs re-forecast uploads into TM1.
- Makes updates to the subcontractor dashboard and subcontractor headcount spreadsheet.
- Performs invoice review and corrections for GHSC-PSM HQ invoice; ensures accuracy; reviews final invoice and ensures budget monitor is updated with actuals.
- Assists GHSC-PSM HQ and Country Teams with timesheet and User Defined Fields (UDF) corrections; responds to ad-hoc invoicing questions.
- Supports staff capacity building on utilization of the budget monitor tool and financial management best practices.
- Manages Chief of Party (COP) funds requests, including approvals and tracker maintenance.
- Responds to questions regarding UDFs and financial procedures; works with support divisions to make corrections as part of the for GHSC-PSM HQ invoice review process.
- Tracks LOE and spending against contract ceilings and obligations, in coordination with GHSC-PSM Finance and SCS Corporate Finance teams.
- Provides backstopping support to GHSC-PSM Task Order Directors, or other designated teams, as assigned.
- Provides surge capacity support to GHSC-PSM Country Teams, as appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing and determining causes for variances to the budget and ensuring required notices are sent to the contracting officer regarding status of funds.
- Conducts field visits, including conducting training, conducting or responding to audits, providing input to work planning, conducting technical research, and performing other operational tasks.
- Promotes Chemonics by attending external events, networking with clients and counterparts, articulating a solid understanding of Chemonics’ past and present portfolio, effectively representing the company’s history, values, and standards, and identifying and developing business leads.
- Actively engages in technical practice of relevance to areas of interest or focus, sharing information and best practices learned with the company.
- Participates on proposal teams and mentors others.
- Performs all tasks and responsibilities demonstrating behaviors associated with Chemonics’ values and competencies at all levels in the company.
- Identifies issues or potential risks and makes informed decisions on how to address the issues, communicating, when appropriate, with the GHSC-PSM IDIQ PMU Finance Director, Managing Director, and the Senior Vice President.
- Appropriately consults with support divisions on home-office and field-office matters to help make informed decisions.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Ensures staff receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and the time and opportunity to grow professionally.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in relevant technical competency area such as finance or business administration.
- Minimum three years of project management or relevant experience, including financial management responsibilities.
- Mastery of critical project management skills, including budget management.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel. Cognos TM1 experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of Chemonics’ financial processes preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks per year; experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
- Strong record keeping skills, spreadsheet, word processing abilities, knowledge of MS Office applications, and attention to detail.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others.