Voluntary Service Overseas, Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Contribute to the smooth functioning of the accounting operations within VSO Nepal by:
- Maintenance of all payment documents and receipts according to the VSO policies and guidelines
- Ensure all payments are made according to VSO policies, local law and contractual agreement with donor/s.
- Ensure PF, RF, Tax & VAT filings are made on time and regular basis
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in relevant field with at least one year of experience in similar capacity.
- Proven experiences working in diverse, multicultural team
- Fluent in English and Nepali language (written and speaking)
- Excellent computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent, focused and efficient, customer care and service
- Able to manage time and tight schedules, working effectively under pressure
- clear varied and sensitive communication skills, both oral and written with confidence in communicating with a wide range of audiences
- Practical commitment to VSO’s values including demonstrated cross cultural sensitivity and commitment to diversity and openness to learning.
- Experience of working with International volunteers.
- Clean driving license
- Knowledge and skills on an accounting software (preferably SUN system) and IT and trouble shooting
- Experience working with international NGOs