Danish Refugee Council, Bangladesh
DRC have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated programme of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. As a key part of this, DRC are opening up a main office in Cox’s Bazar (and a support cell in Dhaka), for which we need a qualified finance officer to oversee the day to day financial aspects, under the supervision of the Head of Finance.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure timely payments of all program expenditures and proper recording of all financial transactions;
- Ensure financial procedures are understood and adhered to by staff, for example, making available corresponding documentation, policies and procedures;
- Ensure daily recording of expenditures into financial matrixes, e.g. cash book, advance logbook, etc., and end of the month expenditures closing and reporting to the Head of Finance;
- Ensure all financial documentation is properly filed, and easily available for eventual audit;
- Ensure money is available for program implementation through cooperation with banking services and ensure proper cash handling procedures
- Organise and prepare weekly and monthly cash count with Head of Finance.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have experience in a similar role, and to be motivated to work for an NGO in response to the Rohingya influx. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Accounting or bookkeeping qualification
- At least 2 years work experience in an office environment, in the finance department
- Excellent IT skills, especially in MS Excel
- Fluency in English and Bengali
- Experience working for an NGO
- Local language skills
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.