Financial Sector Specialist
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Sydney, Australia
Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 20:00
Strategy and Planning
- Provide information and analyses of policies, strategies and institutional approaches for the sound development of financial sectors in Pacific DMCs covering areas such as financial inclusion, microfinance, and Pacific relevant banking services and instruments.
- Lead and contribute to policy dialogue with relevant government authorities on priorities and options for financial sector development with Pacific DMCs.
- Participate in country teams and provide sector inputs for the formulation of Country Partnership Strategies (CPSs) and implementation monitoring.
- Coordinate with Resident Missions for exchange of experiences, consistency of approach and continuous improvement of practices and integration of financial sector-related policy commitments to the development and management of country operations.
- Lead in the development, processing and administration of financing and Technical Assistance projects in the financial sector, specifically financial inclusion, microfinance, digital finance and supply chain financing.
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of two large-sized regional programs (the Private Sector Development Initiative (PSDI) and the Pacific Business Investment Facility).
- Integrate ADB’s policies and guidelines in the design and implementation of financial sector projects
- Participate in the ADB’s Financial Sector Technical Group and serve as Pacific focal point to support the review and development of ADB’s financial sector policies and practices
- Substantially contribute to knowledge development and dissemination of cross country experiences in the development of financial sector systems and instruments.
- Master’s degree in Economics (preferably with specialization in the financial sector) or other related specialized fields.
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience within the financial and private sector development in a professional capacity.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Provide application of expertise within a specific area, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Able to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community.