Main Job Purpose
Role: Help Identify, plan and manage a range of regional FR campaigns and meet annual income targets.
Method: by ensuring regional fundraising activities are undertaken at agreed levels of return on investment. Also exploring new innovative fundraising opportunities, as well as more traditional events, exhibitions, conferences, and dinners.
Reason/Purpose: Build awareness of HA projects and donor relationships. Increase income generation/donations year on year, to contribute towards the organisations FR strategy and growth, for HA beneficiaries.
Key Result Indicator
- Regular regional fundraising activities are successfully undertaken via innovative and traditional opportunities
- Meeting annual income targets.
- Successfully increase donor interaction, acquisition e.g. Social media engagement, and online donations post events.
- Achieving donation income growth and donor growth (Year-Over-Year) with a satisfactory return on investment, in line with FR strategy.
- Delivering Quality Assurance in line with Health & Safety, customer satisfaction, complaints management, and Fundraising Regulators code of conduct.
- To promote and wholly adhere to the fundraising code of conduct and best practice by understanding its ruling and conducting FR events within its parameters in order to safeguard the charity, maintain high professional standards and maintaining HA public image.
- Developing, nurturing and maintaining relationships with current/potential donors, charity partners, organizations and businesses in the region, via networking (face to face & Social Media) and creating a regular presence within respected regions, in order to establish trust to help secure donations and promote awareness across a wide range of target markets.
- Establishing clear lines of communications in the region by being the main point of contact between local organisations and HA. This will involve negotiating agreements, generating leads, managing events, providing assistance / HA branding materials and liaising centrally with the Head Office Fundraising Department, in order to improve interdepartmental efficiency, maximize Fundraising tools/potential, and ensure value for money.
- To event manage various engaging fundraising projects/activities by arranging dinners, concerts, speaker tours and conferences to capture and maintain the public eye throughout the year and raise income with a return on investment.
- To manage and nurture a network of regional volunteers in line with the volunteer recruitment strategy by collaborating with the volunteers coordinator, hosting recruitment events, providing training & HA materials and providing formal feedback to the volunteers coordinator. To help develop volunteer recruitment process, provide a mutually beneficial volunteers program, and support HA to gain loyal organizational man power.
- Providing support to FR colleagues when necessary by attending and contributing positively to FR regional/national meetings, understanding support needs and providing this to colleagues especially during peak periods (e.g Ramadan). To help support a positive working environment, help distribute manpower and ensure smooth running of FR operations.
- To help identify, develop and manage new/innovative regional fundraising opportunities & emergency campaigns (events, exhibitions, conferences, partnerships) by adopting a responsive, opportunistic, strategic and timely approach (S.W.O.T analysis) to wider global events and local community events/trends. To ensure the charity is responsive and adapting to a changing environment locally and internationally and to demonstrate breadth to our donors.
- To maintain internal procedures/administration such as donor management system/Account management system /Cash counting protocols by ensuring information input securely in a timely fashion to help maintain internal control and mitigation of risk.
- Securing all income logs by ensuring they are filled correctly, cash is bagged/sealed, tagged and banked in line with protocol to create and maintain HA funds, create an audit trail and maintain a failsafe for the charity.
- To broadly assist in and contribute towards the development, maintenance and delivery of the charity’s fundraising plan in the region to help create an achievable fundraising plan.
- Must adhere to the charities policies and procedures, e.g. fundraising code of conduct, Health & Safety at Work, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Protection Act 1998, Equal Opportunities, Company Handbook, Quality Management System, Investor in People etc. at all times in order to maintain high professional standards and maintaining HA public image.
- To demonstrate on-going professional development through reflective practice and participation in internal and external development opportunities as evidenced in a Continuing Professional Development plan, taking a proactive role in own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning) to benefit self and charity for the future.
- To manage a team within fundraising when required and develop a strong fundraising portfolio to effectively lead and support in house FR team during events.
- Take on board other duties in line with FR strategy as per the request of the Head of FR in order to ensure HA’s adaptability to change and maintain growth.
- To contribute towards the development, maintenance and delivery of the charity’s (annual) fundraising plan by overseeing budgets and expenditure, monitoring and report on income generation in line with projects, reporting on variance and taking responsibility for achieving and exceeding income targets. All to deliver efficiency, value and FR targets.
Employee duties are not limited only to the above-mentioned Accountabilities; he/she may perform other duties as assigned.
- Competencies are descriptions of the skills, abilities and characteristics that are associated with effective performance in a job.
- Adapting & responding to Change
- Delivering Results & Meeting Stakeholders’ Needs
- Working With People
- Presenting & Communicating Information
- Relating & Networking
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial thinking
- Proven track record in fundraising with return on investment
- Proven track record of managing fundraising events and activities
- Substantial experience of planning and managing budget with raising an annual income of up to £200k, meeting targets.
- Proven track record of project and events management with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Ability to stage fundraise
- Driving license with own vehicle desirable.
- Actively engaged in Social Media
- Experience of identifying, developing and maintaining productive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to recognize and take advantage of community fundraising trends with entrepreneurial/commercial thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, influencing skills, negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to recruit, supervise and manage a team & volunteers,
- Able to work alone without supervision and as part of a team based on the principles of trust, mutual respect and HA values.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines (multi task)
- Flexible working approach
- Thorough attention to detail
- Values led ethos
- Able to adapt and respond to change in the Charity sector and take onboard other duties as and when required.
- Voluntary sector and charitable giving knowledge essential.
- Knowledge of Islamic charitable giving e.g. Zakat, Qurbani, Waqf, Fitrana, Fidya etc.
- Relevant Fundraising qualification
- Member of the professional body of Institute of fundraising
- Minimum GCSE Mathematics, English. Ideally educated to degree level.
- Minimum of 2 years in similar post, proven track record of project and events management with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office, Social Media, Donor Management systems
- English essential. Desirable: Knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic / Urdu/Bengali/Gujarati/ Hindi/Punjabi
- Please note that due to the limitations on this role we will only be able to accept applicants who reside in the UK.
We are a global humanitarian and development organisation. We save lives, alleviate poverty, transform and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence.