World Vision is anticipating an upcoming USAID Integrated for Equitable Access to Education in Southern Senegal program that will target girls and boys aged approximately 9 to 16 living in the crisis-affected Casamance regions (Ziguinchor, Sedhiou, Kolda) and Kedougou region. This mechanism will directly support the achievement of Intermediate Result (IR):
- Complementary education services provide basic education that is responsive to communities’ needs, IR
- Formal basic education is responsive to communities’ needs, IR
- Transition from primary to middle school increased, IR
- Families and caregivers enroll children in responsive services.
This mechanism will also contribute to other key and will collaborate with programs in other sectors, including education, agriculture, water, sanitation and hygiene, and democracy and governance. The ISD-HB mechanism will also provide targeted assistance such as, coordinating activities of monitoring et evaluation in the whole zone of project intervention to the seven regions in which USAID support is being consolidate
The Grant Finance and Administration Director is responsible for the financial management of a USAID-funded grant from start-up through close-out. S/he ensures proper financial management, accountability, planning, and reporting in alignment with the goals of the grant, World Vision financial procedures, USAID regulations, and the grant agreement.
- Advise program teams on resource integration options to meet match requirements of grants and on recovery of indirect and field ministry service costs for grants and private funding.
- Lead the development of the annual program team operating budget, monitor actual performance and develop project projections.
- Review and/or generate financial reports for compliance with grant and donor requirements.
- Analyze spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to team leaders and field colleagues on areas with significant over- or under spending.
- Prepare close-out documentation at end of funding cycles in compliance with government regulations.
- Support government and World Vision International audits, provide required information and facilitate audit recommendations implementation.
- Consult Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party on cost allocations, general accounting, internal controls and administrative systems as required.
- Implement financial policies in accordance with World Vision Field Financial Manual, USAID Rules and Regulations and local financial regulations.
- Practice standard financial systems, including implementation of good internal controls, asset monitoring and reconciliation of all funds accounts.
- Oversee preparation of financial documents and ledgers.
- Assure that all grant policies and regulations are adhered to in the charging of cost.
- Assure that cash transactions are well planned, controlled and reported.
- Liaise with appropriate partner offices regarding financial and accounting issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or international business management.
- Excellent command of Excel and SunSystem.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken.
- Must be able to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Must be able to work with multiple deadlines and high demands.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting and/or in education grants management experience.
- Three (3) years USAID grant experience.
- At least 2 year experience managing staff.
- CPA or other professional accreditation.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Work in an international/domestic relief and development organization is preferred.
- Gateway to Grants certification preferred.
- Experience in managing inter-agency consortiums is preferred.