Head of Department
Action Against Hunger , Juba, South Sudan
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
ensuring an enhanced logistical, supply chain and procurement function at mission level in order to provide programs with optimum support.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
Coordinate logistics at national level.
Set up and Management of Action Against Hunger South Sudan logistics on capital and field office(s)level.
Human resources management for logistics department.
Reporting & Analysis of logistics reports for the mission.
Prevention and management of fraud and corruption.
Representation of Action Against Hunger to various stakeholders
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’ve broad experience in humanitarian logistics
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field, Certification in Humanitarian Logistics is desirable.
- You have at least 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- You have demonstrated professional experience working in a fast paced, complex humanitarian emergency context.
- You have a good general knowledge of IT, mechanics, communications, supply chain management & procurement.
You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple activities
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization's policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing. Your reports are timely, comprehensive & well-written.
- You ensure your teams remain aware of changes in security conditions, challenges faced by the program implementers & any new contextual developments.
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- You understand that the logistics function plays an invaluable role in keeping Action Against Hunger’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical documentation up-to-date.
Your work style builds confidence within your team
- You maintain a mature and problem solving attitude when confronted with difficult situations.
- You remain calm and professional under pressure and encourage others to maintain efficiency and effectiveness as well.
- You are able to motivate and encourage others to deliver high standards of work.
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the logistics teams achieve their objectives.
- You like to pass on to others what you’ve learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall within this role’s scope of responsibility.
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language, speaking tactfully & listening carefully to others. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
- You have a high degree of emotional intelligence demonstrating strong self-awareness and the ability to take responsibility for your actions.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website