Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the Job
The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long-term focus on social cohesion and resilience building. DRC works with beneficiary communities and individuals to prevent and reduce protection threats, and build resilience.
The HR & Admin Officer’s main responsibility is to provide administrative and HR support to DRC Kilis Office as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The HR & Admin Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Arrange for and participate in Technical Tests and Interviews for positions.
- Ensure all necessary documents are collected and filed with regards to recruitment of Syrian Nationals, including İŞKUR letter, Exemption letter etc.
- Ensure the whole recruitment process for each position is documented and filed, including interview forms, Test, reference checks etc.
- Receive new staff members for respective field offices.
- Ensure On-Boarding Checklist is completed.
- Ensure Staff Tracker is updated and staff member is provided ID number per the list.
- Ensure new team member Staff ID Card request is submitted.
- Collect all necessary documents for new team member.
- Ensure new team member receives orientation with all departments (or as necessary) in first two weeks of employment with DRC.
- Ensure new team member receives required equipment (computer, phone, desk etc.).
- Ensure contact details of new team member are provided to Admin for Contact List.
- Documentation & Filing
- Develop and maintain well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Follow up on timesheets to ensure they are prepared, signed and submitted by team members.
- Track, register and report leave balance for all staff for respective field office.
- Keep track of contracts' end dates and be proactive in ensuring new contract details are provided to each team member on time.
- Assist in preparing the incentives for volunteers.
- Ensure Exit Checklist is filled for departing team members.
- Ensure all necessary documentation relating to departure, including resignation, leave day balance, exit interview etc. are collected and filed.
- Ensure departing team member is provided with employment certificate.
- Deactivate the team member in Staff Tracking File.
- Provide support in preparation of induction material for new staff.
- Assists in the review of HR workflow and suggests improvements.
- Assist PMs in identifying and monitors staff training, development and learning needs, contact suitable trainers and service providers.
- Advise and assist the management and employees to respond to employees issues and concerns by interpreting applicable HR policies and procedures and prepare recommendations in these areas as necessary and appropriate.
- Collect filled and signed Performance Development forms from all staff and submit to COT.
- Maintain and keep record of office supplies and stationery for Urfa Office.
- Identify and follow up with the maintenance (repair) needs of Urfa Office and ensure that they are held properly.
- Identify furniture, fixtures, office equipment etc. need of Urfa Office, provide assistance on procurement process.
- Ensure office is kept clean and orderly by supervising office Cleaners.
- Managing office keys (keys to storages, various rooms, MFSS’ etc.
- Overseeing guesthouses, ensuring they are kept clean and orderly.
- Purchase stationery, plane tickets, hotel booking and other items, as per instructions.
- Support procurement of equipment and material for the office (plus Business Cards & IDs).
- Providing support to Finance on managing office bills.
Additional Duties: Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the Area Manager East and HoFA.
About you: To be successful in this role, you must have Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or other relevant field.
- At least one year of administrative experience with INGOs or private sector.
- Ability to understand, speak and write English and Turkish clearly.
- Proficiency with computers and office equipment.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong conflict resolution skills, and employee coaching
- Effective time management skills to handle multiple tasks
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.