WHO - World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Closing Date for Applications:
A sound, well managed, responsive and efficient organization-wide HR programme which supports the work of WHO and its Member States (encompassing recruitment, rotation/mobility, gender and geographical diversity, workforce planning, contractual arrangements, performance management, talent management, and staff relations); to provide advisory services to senior management, clusters and regional and country offices. Stabilization of the HR Organization, Implementation of the overall HR strategy for HR to provide key levers to manage people. Optimize organizational efficiency and identify opportunities for improvements, facilitate the implementation and monitor the ongoing effectiveness acting as a catalyst for change.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
In relations to the departments/programmes the HR Assistant will carry out the following duties and responsibilities.
- Recruitment of Fixed and Short-Term Staff (Professional and General Service)1.Drafts and validates accuracy of vacancy notices, summarizing the substantive duties and responsibilities of the position; ensures appropriate posting on the Intra/Internet, via standard distribution. Drafts appropriate screening questions.
- Undertakes preliminary screening of applicants on the basis of agreed criteria; generates spreadsheet using the on-line recruitment system and makes preliminary recommendations to facilitate review by the HR specialist, hiring manager and subsequent selection panel.
- Ensures all arrangements for interviewing and testing of prospective staff including preparing or supervising the preparation of recruitment panel files, scheduling interviews, arranging for video conferencing facilities, organizing travel as required, and monitoring of testing.
- Conducts reference searches and enters candidate profiles in GSM.
- Initiates preliminary version of selection panel reports (by inserting posting and screening information) and prepares selection background for submission to approving authority.
- Other duties as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Essential: At least 5 years of experience in an administrative or secretarial capacity.
- Desirable: Experience in a WHO administrative division, preferably Human Resources, to have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulations, procedures and practices as related to the work.
- Proven skills in drafting and editing required.
- WHO Competencies
- Producing results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.