Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes in more than 20 countries around the world through operations of emergency aid, recovery and development.
In Pakistan, SIF has primarily focused on relief interventions from 2010. SIF’s emergency and relief projects reached more than 700,000 flood-affected and draught affected people in AJK, KPK, Punjab, and Sindh and provided food and non-food items, drinking water, permanent and semi-permanent shelters, and schools while many people benefited from cash-based interventions.
Since 2013, SIF has explored long-term and sustainable solutions to build the resilience of communities and reduce the impact of future disasters by implementing innovative models like elevated bamboo storage towers to mitigate flood or rain water harvesting models to mitigate draught.
Role in the Organization:
Under supervision of the Head of Mission, the HR Generalist is responsible for performing all HR-related duties. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas; Recruitment/Employment ,Benefits administration, Employee relations, Staff Trainings, Performance Management, Policy implementation, affirmative action with Compliance to the National Labour law.
Responsible for all duties related to Human Resources.
- Assist HOM and department Heads in Strategic Human Resources Planning.
- Assist HOM in decision making related to HR issues.
- Ensure all HR related policies and guidelines, SOP’s and actions are fully complied with the National Labour Law.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Organize and follow up recruitments procedures including , RRF Approval, JD Preparation, advertising and short-listing, interviews and tests, selection, job offers, reference checks
- Prepare contracts and organize Induction of all new employees
- Ensure that the Pakistan’s HR policies, and procedures are communicated to all staff
- Maintain and follow up the management of the Employee Folders, Collect all necessary documents and maintain the employee database.
- Provide specific advice and guidance to employees on a variety of HR issues.
- Identify motivational needs and advice HOM and Department heads.
- Lead the HR team in the Country Office and field offices (Base admin officers)
- Process and update the monthly Salary data edit the advance, payroll information and ensure all information are accurate.
- Ensure end of probation/Midterm/annual/end of project evaluations objectives set, appraised and proper records are available in hard and soft copies.
- Manage staff welfare policies including health insurance claim reimbursement
- Ensure employees are registered with EOBI (Employee Old age benefit) and monthly payments are properly made.
- Maintain an effective HR database and filing system, with proper files maintained for each staff member, both manually and electronically while maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintain a leave tracking system which allows HR to effectively manage leave for all SIF staff.
- Coordinate and support to all Coordinators and managers regarding staff relations and grievance and disciplinary actions.
- Identify employees training needs develop training plans and opportunities for trainings
- Ensure resources allocated appropriately for HR benefits and Staff development by coordinating with Admin/Finance and Program department Heads.
- Provide inputs in Budgets preparation.
- Timely submission of Recruitment Plans, Weekly, Monthly and HR Statistical report to HOM/HQ.
- Prepare the end of contracts documents (work certificate, annual leave pay sheet, discharge of liabilities, etc.) and conduct exit interviews
- Liaisons with external stakeholders.
- University degree in HR or any related subject from HEC recognized University.
- Three (03) years of experience as Senior/ HR Officer in NGOs/INGOs.
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge in gender equity, gender equality and perspective.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Effective under pressure, results oriented and proactive with the ability to multi-task.
- Good Interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Fluent in English, and Urdu.