myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. myAgro has pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and training and increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. myAgro’s North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
The Human Resources Generalist will manage various parts of the hiring and onboarding process for myAgro, as well as oversee the administration of myAgro benefits for US based and expat staff members. Drawing on previous experience and passion for HR, this person will work with the VP of Global People Operations and the People Operations team to identify high-quality candidates, bring them on-board, and manage their employee life-cycle with myAgro.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Recruitment and Talent Management: Source candidates, screen resumes, advise hiring managers through the process, design and administer employment tests, communicate with candidates and maintain all recruitment records.
- Benefits Administration: Manage all health benefits functions – enrollment, terminations, policy changes, rate negotiation, POC, and COBRA.
- Onboarding and Offboarding: Pre-arrival logistics, virtual orientation and exit interviews.
- Policy and Procedure: Maintain HR database, organization charts, employee handbook. As needed, design and implement HR policies and procedures that are thoughtful, effective, and fair for our multi-cultural and multi-country team.
- Employee Engagement: Work with the People Operations team on special projects to define and shape myAgro’s organizational culture in order to ensure an exceptional employee experience.
- Payroll: Assist Finance with monthly payroll review, track reimbursements and run payroll wires, correct and modify discrepancies.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Advise managers about implementation of such regulations.
- Ad Hoc Projects: Perform a variety of other support tasks as necessary to support VP of POPs and carry out day-to-day responsibilities.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- 3 to 5 years as an HR and/or recruiting professional
- Excellent project management
- Strong time management skills
- An eye for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across cultures and countries
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable in fast-paced operations
- Highly professional and able to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
- Proficiency in French preferred
- Compensation is competitive with other early-stage non-profit organizations
- Health benefits, including dental, vision and emergency insurance
- 4 weeks of annual vacation plus national holidays
- Computer stipend
- Co-working space stipend
- See the immediate impact of helping farming families move out of poverty!
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.