Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is seeking an HRIS Advisor to join the USAID-funded Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030) project in Philippines. HRH2030 is a global project that aims to: 1) increase performance and productivity of the health workforce, 2) increase the number, composition of skills, and competence of health personnel, 3) strengthen HRH and Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) leadership and governance capacity, and 4) increase the sustainability of investments in health personnel. HRH2030 is managed by Chemonics; partners of the HRH2030 consortium include: Palladium, URC, Thinkwell, AIHA, AMREF, and Open Development.
HRH2030 Philippines will provide capacity-building to the Department of Health (DoH) to strengthen the deployment, training, and management of a fit-for-purpose and fit-for-practice health workforce to improve access to, and quality of, family planning (FP), maternal and child health (MCH), and tuberculosis (TB) services for vulnerable populations. The HRIS Advisor will be the team lead for Objective 3: To improve the use of data for human resource for health decision making at central and regional levels. This objective will seek to advance the capacity and functionality of the HRIS and improve data quality, as well as support planning for the National Health Workforce Account (NHWA) reporting. The HRIS Advisor will be responsible for leading the HRIS strategy, development, collaborative initiatives and general oversight of Objective 3. HRH2030 experts in HRIS and data demand and use (DDU) will provide advanced technical support where necessary. The position is an annual fixed-term contract, renewable depending on performance, project priorities and funding availability. The HRIS Advisor will be part of the Chemonics-led HRH2030 Philippines team, and on a day-to-day basis report to the HRH2030 Philippines Project Director, while being supported and managed by Palladium?s US-based staff. Location for this position is Manila, Philippines. Only local candidates with the requisite local language skills and currently eligible to work in the Philippines will be considered.
- Lead Palladium?s contribution to the HRH2030 Philippines activities in the area of HRH information systems, promoting efforts to enhance the demand for, and use of, data for decision-making related to the recruitment, retention, deployment, and use of HRH.
- Work closely with the Project Director, the HRIS Database Specialist and other technical team members, providing the DoH technical assistance in harmonizing HRH information across data systems in the public and private sectors.
- With assistance from the HRIS Database Specialist, lead Palladium?s work in conducting an analysis of current HRH data systems within the DoH and other government and non-governmental organizations which collect HRH data. This analysis is intended to identify gaps to a comprehensive HRIS, including interoperability of systems and challenges to harmonization allowing for nationwide planning and management of HRH.
- Work directly with key MOH personnel to convey the assessment findings and strengthen government counterparts? capacity to broker informed decisions among stakeholders and advocate for investment in HRH systems. Present findings as requested.
- Support the development of appropriate strategies for the implementation of HRH IT systems and policies including, but not limited to, a strategy for advocating IT solutions within the DoH system and shepherding the plan through execution.
- Ensure the development of HRIS strategies that obtain, analyze and visualize data in ways that meet the information needs of targeted data users within the health system as well as for government ministries that support HRH policy decisions.
- Work with the policy analyst to identify policy barriers to data collection, availability and use. Devise and execute plans to address these barriers.
- Facilitate meetings among the DoH, RHOs and other central and regional high-level diverse HRH stakeholders for purposes such as determining priorities for developing information systems or changing policies, creating a strategic plan, collecting requirements for information systems and disseminating results.
- Lead HRH2030?s work in improving data demand and use. This will entail analyzing the quality and completeness of data in HRH databases in addition to training and technical assistance for DoH staff at the central and regional levels.
- Oversee the coordination and development of training plans and manuals for the HRIS (in collaboration with the Database Specialist, and government counterparts).
- Build the capacity of the HRH Network to bring together health and non-health stakeholders to coordinate and support the National Health Workforce Account (NHWA) implementation. Assist in the rollout of NHWA at the central and regional levels.
- Supervise the HRH2030 Philippines HRH Database Specialist
- Contribute to quarterly and annual project reporting as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Other HRH2030 tasks as assigned.
- Respond to occasional Palladium questions/requests that can be reasonably accommodated alongside other HRH2030 duties.
- Bachelor's degree with academic specialization in information systems, informatics, public health, data analytics, business administration, or a related field; Master?s degree strongly preferred;
- Minimum eight years of professional experience, with at least three years in health information systems (HIS) and five years? experience in project leadership, including stakeholder engagement, in Philippines or other developing country context. Preference for experience working in Human Resources.
- Background working in assessment of data systems is preferred.
- Experience working with stakeholders in gathering requirements for system development and designing reports and visualizations is needed.
- Experience in data use and analyzing the quality and completeness of data within information systems.
- Demonstrated capacity to interpret, package and present data for decision-makers; Also, should have experience in facilitating stakeholder decision-making that allows project to move forward.
- Experience with delivering trainings, coaching, and mentoring with demonstrable success in strengthening capacity in others;
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and networking skills, ability to work well with senior government counterparts, consultants, and within a cross-cultural and virtual team;
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Experience working with or for the DoH at the central or regional level in the field of health information systems and improving data use for decision-making would be ideal;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, preferably on a USAID-funded project;
- Excellent written and spoken English essential.