NRC’s Horn of Africa & Yemen operation comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across nine countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, South Sudan and Yemen), and most recently Eritrea, Uganda and Tanzania. NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to ensure a greater number of vulnerable people in hard to reach areas get access to humanitarian assistance, become resilient to future disasters and find durable solution. The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardization of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
NRC is seeking to recruit a Human Resource Intern in its Regional office. NRC encourages fresh graduates to apply for this position. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
This is a 6 months internship contract that is intended to help the fresh graduates to gain work experience for future employments opportunities in the market.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer, with no discrimination in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation.
- In liaison with the other support functions at the Regional Office, ensure that the learning event timelines are implemented and adhered to.
- Assist with the preparation of reports for the intensive learning programs and one off learning events.
- Assist the Regional HR Coordinator (Capacity Building) in preparing training materials
- Assist with the updating of the regional training database and the compilation of monthly/ quarterly learning updates.
- Undertake research, write, create presentations and produce briefs on training and development.
- Assist with pre and post learning/ training events tasks (preparing support materials for facilitators , follow up of participants, and creating action items post learning events)
- Schedule and invite candidates for interviews and written tests
- Administer written tests and submit coded tests for grading
- Administration of Webcruiter (recruitment software), including updating candidate status’, sending correspondence to candidates through the system; closing out vacancies
- Assist in preparation of Interview Guides
- Assist in interviews, though note taking and preparation of recruitment summary documents
- Assist in filling HR documents
- Complete other administrative tasks when needed
- Any other duties as assigned
- University/Higher Diploma in Business Administration/HR
- Computer skills in MS Office Word and Excel, and Internet
Education level: Academy college / University
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to plan and coordinate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and follow-up with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- A flexible working style, absolute discretion
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels in a multicultural environment
- Responsive, efficient and a positive manner and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literate and numerate.
- Willingness to learn and to accept new challenges