MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives .
Please note: Only citizens of Pakistan are eligible for this position
The human resource (HR) officer will assist the HR manager with general HR matters and will be responsible for the effective delivery of HR services including workforce planning, contract management, invoicing, vetting, payroll processing, compliance, and policy development. The human resource officer will work closely with the project staff to contribute to the success of PERFORM. This position will report directly to the HR manager. This is a full-time position based in Islamabad.
- Ensure timesheets are accurately completed and processed, support project staff with leave and timesheet queries.
- Ensure leave management system (GHG) is accurate and up to date with the project staff leave.
- Monitor long term technical assistance (LTTA) and short term technical assistance (STTA) contractual data to ensure timely modifications and extensions when applicable, in close coordination with MSI Home Office.
- Maintain and process monthly payroll, income tax, EOBI, and health insurance payments, among others.
- Implement and manage monthly employee information changes/updates for payroll on time and in an accurate and compliant manner.
- Assist the HR Manager to ensure that policies and guidelines are kept up-to-date, employee awareness is raised, and that local employment laws are interpreted and applied correctly.
- Update staff employment and short-term consultant hiring files on regular basis, and maintain checklists and trackers for these purposes.
- Ensure that staff employment and short-term consultant electronic hiring files are complete according to project requirements.
- Manage short-term consultants' invoicing, payments, and maintain relevant trackers.
- Manage the vetting process of short-term consultants and employees.
- Coordinate the staff appraisal and performance management process.
- Assist HR manager in onboarding/orientation of new project hires.
- Initiate and facilitate clearance process of LTTA and STTA.
- Raise purchase requests through PR system when required.
- Prepare project ID badges, and maintain an up-to-date tracker.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience with international organization.
- Prior experience with USAID funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated and in-depth knowledge of HR systems and structures.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent self-starter with strong customer service orientation.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong presentation and communications skills - oral and written.
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.