Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Human Resources Specialist, the HR Analyst ensures effective delivery of HR services in the Office. He/she interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, implements internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Analyst works in close collaboration with the Business Development, Programme, Operations and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQ staff ensuring successful CO performance in HR management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Effective HR management
- Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Provides support to the implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of the HR management system;
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management;
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals on the strategic approach to proper use of contractual modalities, forecast of the staffing needs, performance evaluation and staff career development management;
- Manage offer process and negotiate compensation package including salary, start date and allowances;
- Prepare offer letter/employment agreement for signature by hiring manager, candidate and others as appropriate;
- Send candidate human resources orientation document and conduct HR Orientation for new staff.
Ensures effective administration of human resources focusing on achievement of the following results
- The incumbent will be primarily responsible to oversee contract management and administration functions within the unit;
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (FTAs/TAs, SCs);
- Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues;
- Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Preparation or review of submissions to the Compliance Review Panel/Board;
- Administration of delegated International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to CO;
- Administration of the CO rosters including e-rosters;
- Validation of cost recovery charges for HR services provided to other UN Agencies;
- Leave management and monitoring;
- Verification and procurement of relevant Chart of Accounts for the payment of salaries, entitlements and benefits FTA, TA and SC staff, both local and international), regular coordination with programme and project finance units as well as Office for Financial Management and Oversight;
- Periodic monitoring of correctness and delimitations of the CoA used for salaries, entitlements and benefits;
- Reviews requests for extension, separation and hiring ensures compliance with UNDP rules and regulations and corporate procedures. Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations. Develop and implement plans, including timetables, for contract reviews, renewals and terminations; ensures timely notice to staff.
Ensures conduct of UN and UNDP-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results
- Organization and coordination of comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys in coordination with the supervisor.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results
- Participation in the organization and conduct of training for operations/ programme staff on HR issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in HR;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Building Strategic Partnerships