If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose for the job: Under the supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in his/her office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery, whilst promoting a client-based, quality and results orientated approach to the unit and ensuring compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support in processing of entitlements and benefits
- Support in recruitment and placement
- Support in learning and development
- Support in organization design and job classification
- Time Attendance
- Support in processing of entitlement and benefits
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research, verify, and compile data and information on cases that do not conform to UN or UNICEF’s HR Rules & Regulations, to support consistent and equitable application of decisions and implementation of agreed upon action.
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research and verify information for the purpose of responding to staff queries on areas related to benefits and entitlements.
- Processes entitlements and benefits for local staff in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms are completed by staff and data is entered into VISION.
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
Support in recruitment and placement
- Drafts vacancy announcements for positions within his/her office for review by supervisor to help attract ideal candidates.
- Ensures timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements.
- Analyze, research, verify, and compile data which facilitates preparation of workforce planning reports for supervisor to review against benchmarks i.e. Gender and geographical balance and other recruitment related key performance indicators.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
Support in learning and development
- In consultation with supervisor, researches and analyses data and information to help identify training needs within his/her country office for the development of learning plans and other targeted training interventions.
- In consultation with supervisor, researches, analyzes, verifies, and compiles information on external training courses available and educational institutions to help supervisor decide on learning programmes that address learning gaps in his/her country office.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by participating in exercises which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Develops and processes contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
Support in organization design and job classification
- Participates in the review of GS positions specific JDs, ensuring effective application of ICSC methodology.
- Drafts and edits job descriptions to be submitted for classification for review by supervisor.
- Follows up and liaises with HQ and RO over status of requests to ensure timely completion.
- Compiles and analyses information and statistics related to posts and staff forreports on staffing trends.
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation
- Monitors life-cycle of all job classification requests to facilitate recruitment and organization planning.
- Time Attendance
- Maintains and updates a system which monitors the absence of staff.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES required to perform the duties of the post:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Proficiency in the use of computers. In-depth knowledge of computers, especially in word processing, spreadsheets, graphics... Experience in use of Internet and e-mail is also essential.
- Specialized training in Office Administration or modern office procedures desirable.
WORK EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience required.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and very good working knowledge of Bangla
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (Indicate what other skills and attributes required, such as drafting ability, organizational or analytical skills.)
- Knowledge of drafting routine communication
- Analytical skills
- Well organized and systematic
- Ability to keep updated on programmatic issues
- Good negotiating skills, ability to interact in a team environment, react to and resolve problems rapidly and work simultaneously on several project within short deadlines.
Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [I]
- Working with People [II]
- Drive for Results [I]
Functional Competencies (Required)
- Analyzing [I]
- Learning and Researching [I]
- Planning and Organizing [I]
- Following instructions and Procedures [I]