SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their post-conflict society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with 80 staff members that helps young entrepreneurs to start or grow their own businesses. SPARK helps displaced youth to access higher education in conflict areas. Moreover, SPARK assists post-secondary education institutions to reform their curricula to better meet the needs of the labour markets. Based in Amsterdam, SPARK has offices in among others Amman, Beirut, Belgrade, Bujumbura, Gaziantep, Erbil, Hargeisa, Juba, Kigali, Mitrovica, Monrovia, Sanaa and Tunis.
The HR Manager is an HR generalist responsible for and coordinating all matters related to HR, combining the strategic development of HR in SPARK with hands-on operational and administrative tasks such as general employee relations, recruitment, contracting and on-boarding, staff appraisal and development, compensation planning, benefits administration and HR policy development. The HR manager monitors compliance with SPARK HR related procedures as well as other regulatory frameworks and legislature in The Netherlands and in part of the target countries with SPARK country offices. To that purpose, the HR Manager closely works together and coordinates with colleagues with HR related functions in Amsterdam and in the country offices.
The Hr Manager
- Identify and implement processes to optimize the administration requirements of HR/employee related activities thereby ensuring HR is providing customer-oriented service to SPARK as an organisation and contributes to organisational effectiveness;
- Ensure, collect and report HR related key performance indicators to assess and improve HR service;
- Conduct staff satisfaction surveys and ensure follow up actions;
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment, interview, selection and negotiation of offers to candidates;
- Coordinate and ensure adequate contracting, compliant with relevant regulations and legislature;
- Coordinate and ensure adequate on boarding of new colleagues;
- Coordinate and ensure adequate staff evaluations and assessments;
- Analyse and explore staff development opportunities in line with SPARK’s strategic direction, including the planning and coordination of training;
- Assist in resolving employee related issues by mediating between managers and relevant staff to implement solutions;
- Coordinate and ensure the development and updating of security and safety policies, including staff insurances;
- Responsible for the HR administration;
- Liaise with the payroll agency and pension fund;
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor degree in a related field;
- 5+ years of HR related work experience;
- Strong consultative, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills and ability to work in multicultural settings;
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environments;
- Good verbal and written language skills in English and Dutch;
- Flexibility to travel and work across different countries;
- Experience with providing training is an advantage;
- Work permit for The Netherlands.
- A contract for 32 or 40 hours a week, with a duration of 12 months, with the possibility for extension;
- Remuneration depending on education and experience between 3000 and 3500 euro gross per month for a 40hrs working week;
- International and challenging environment;
- Dynamic working experience.