The International Baccalaureate, IB educators serve as valuable and essential contributors who work in concert with a highly capable professional IB staff, to meet the support needs of interested, candidate and authorized schools and the enduring of IB mission itself.Educators can take on a number of roles as part of the International Baccalaureate, serving cross-divisionally and cross-departmentally, in all four IB programmes. Examples of IB Educator roles include Consultants, Readers, School visits team members, School visits team leaders, Workshop leaders, Examiners, Online facilitators, Programme field representatives, Curriculum designers, and Session observers. These roles are filled by educators willing to provide services for the IB a few times a year.
The IBEN department is the main point of contact for internal stakeholders (other IB departments) and for each region’s Educators to communicate and collaborate with each other in a variety of roles including relationship management, recruitment, training and upskilling.
As the IB continues to grow, the organization intends to broaden the access and impact of its services and programmes. Therefore, the management (strategic and operational) and infrastructure for these educators is of vital importance for the execution of the IB strategy.
To this effect, this position is responsible for the oversight of the IB Educator’s network by assigning high quality educators to all regional events, handling administrative responsibilities, facilitating Educator training events and workshops, communicating with Educators regularly and handling the Educator databases and systems.
Within these contexts, the department will work extensively with colleagues from other IB divisions within the regional office and their global counterparts in School Services, Professional Development, Finance, Marketing and Communications.
- Support the regional IBEN team and lead educators through the recruitment process from expressing interest, to monitoring stages of recruitment to identifying suitable ongoing development opportunities in the IB Educator Network.
- Provide educators and internal stakeholders with all relevant information about event assignments.
- Provide IBEN management with information about educators.
- Liaise with IB Educators prior to and following events or assignments in relation to financial expenses and process receipts and data in preparation for the Finance department to pay.
Staffing and Systems:
- Analyse educator profiles and events, allocate and assign educators to event assignments via Salesforce.
- Cross-check data entry for event assignments before publishing.
- Monitor and analyse workload for event assignments that are difficult to staff or occur during busy periods. Strategise with management to identify and manage these periods as a team
- As needed, participate and contribute to the development and implementation of regional and global projects that align with strategic IB goals.
- Ensure that adequate procedures and processes are in place to support internal and external workflow.
- Follow IBEN policies, procedures and guidelines in conjunction with regional counterparts within the schools division.
- Ensure that systems and practices are compliant with local legal requirement regulations in order to minimize risks for the IB.
Job Requirements :
- IB diploma or high school, education and/or training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.
- Successful educational administration experience, business and/or volunteer systems.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience in electronically maintaining and managing data via cloud computing.
- Exceptional presentation and writing/editing skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment and occasionally outside normal business hours.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and negotiate to solve problems.
- Ability to take initiative and manage a wide scope of projects.
- Highly organized and can simultaneously manage multiple competing priorities and systems.
- Ability to review and cross check claim forms for processing of payments.
- Ability to use Excel for the creation of reports and graphs for data analysis.
- Ability to adapt to process changes following organisational restructure.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge of the IB, IB Programmes or being an IB Alumnus is a plus.