Individual Consultant - Accounts and Finance Specialist (For Indian Nationals Only)
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Shimla, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounts and Finance Specialist will be based at HPSDMA/Revenue Department (DM), and under the overall supervision of the Special Secretary (DM), he/she would be responsible for carrying out the following tasks:
- Prepare Annual Work Plan with budget out of 14th Finance Commission Grants;
- Maintain book of accounts for Finance Commission Grants and other Centrally Sponsored /National Level Projects & Schemes;
- Support in implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of DRR activities;
- Develop RFP and procure services of agencies/institutions for the implementation of capacity building and related DRR activities;
- Develop guidelines and support in the procurement of agencies as per state government procurement procedures for capacity building as well as other DRR related activities;
- Monitor allocation of fund to and utilization by various Government and Non-government agencies;
- Verify and prepare cash/cheque payment vouchers for the requests received or the expenditure incurred or receipts;
- Dispatch funds to the districts/agencies for various approved activities;
- Prepare proceedings of meetings/conferences of HPSDMA;
- Maintain inventories;
- Process reimbursements of expenses met for approved activities;
- Assist in office administration and logistics;
- Carry out any other work assigned by the Supervisors.
- Essential - University Degree in Commerce, economics, finance, business management or any other relevant discipline;
- Desirable - Good Computer knowledge related to book keeping and accounting such as Tally.
- Essential - Minimum of 15 years of experience in handling finance and accounts in Central or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking;
- Candidates having served in State Accounts Service Cadre will be given preference.
- Fluency of Hindi & English language is required.