For every child, a champion
The ICT function supports UNICEF's mission and strategic plan by enabling programme and operational effectiveness and efficiency through innovation, partnerships and the provision of ICT solutions and services in a timely, secure and safe manner.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
How can you make a difference?
Based on the established global strategies, policies, guidelines and service level agreements (SLAs), the objectives of this senior general services role are the following:
- To support the implementation of ICT strategies and the introduction of new technologies.
- To support the provision of ICT solutions and services to facilitate the delivery of results under guidance from the manager.
- To provide technical, operational and procedural support to end users in the implementation of information management (systems, procedures and activities) in the Office and with external partners.
- To perform in-house preventive maintenance and collaborate in the development and implementation of the Disaster Recovery Plan.
Summary of key funtiones/accountabilities:
Actively participate in the implementation of the ICT Global ICT Strategy. Based on the Strategy's pillars, identify solutions.
- Ensure compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Provide input on the elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
- Elaborate the content of internal ICT Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), in consultation with the office's management.
- Develop and update the ICT Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Provide technical support to the use of the Enterprise Resource Planning System's (VISION’s) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
Ensure efficient network administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes, establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access. Ensure that desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and follow SOP to counteract attacks.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Ensure off-site backup and backing up practices of end users.
- Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities.
- Timely LAN Infrastructure and Internet connectivity upgrade to meet organizational standards.
Arrange for the provision of web management services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web/SharePoint-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, knowledge management systems, etc.).
- Support in the updating and maintenance of the CO web site ensuring that the content is updated and meets organizational requirements.
Provide technical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for the CO, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, technical review of quotations and bids.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the office's software and hardware.
- Monitor the quality of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system and coordinate with the relevant colleagues in the Organization to resolve issues.
Get actively involved in facilitating knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and information sharing.
- Arrangement of training events for staff on ICT issues.
- Reporting of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have
- Completion of secondary education. University Degree in Computer Science is desirable, but not a requirement. Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) training is an asset.
- A minimum of seven years solid responsible experience in computer information management work, including data processing applications, database, multi-user network and telecommunications, hardware/software installation, user assistance and end-user documentation in support of office computerization.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
For every Child, you demonstrate
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.