The Manager of the IMU is responsible for developing and implementing the IMU strategy. His / Her key responsibility is to ensure that ACU staff decision-makers and their key partners can make decisions based on availability of timely and credible information; and to ensure that the IMU Offices/sub-units are fully functional and that the field network of Focal Points and Field Researchers are fully operational.
Information management systems:
- Conduct periodic assessments to determine current and anticipated priority information needs of key target groups, effectiveness and functioning of existing information management systems; and information resource availability.
- Based on the IMU strategy, strengthen and streamline information management systems, in order to provide a clear display of updated status of ACU’s activities and priority follow-up actions to facilitate decision-making, proposal development, preparation of emergency strategies, presentations to donors, etc.
- Ensure easy-to-find information in document archives and computer databases.
- Develop user-friendly procedures for accessing information, SOPs, training materials.
- Advocate funding for IMU.
- Manage the implementation of procedures for accessing information, SOPs, training materials.
- Supervise and support the work of the IMU offices/sub-units.
Information and Data Collection and Coordination:
- Prioritization of information needs.
- Manage the implementation of program evaluations and impact assessments.
- Represent IMU in meetings with NGOs, donors, etc.
- Facilitate analysis of assessment data, in cooperation with ACU internal and external (NGO forum/sectoral working groups, OCHA, etc.) stakeholders.
- Attend internal briefings, external meetings, and undertake field visits as appropriate to remain up to date on the unfolding emergency situation.
- Support ACU in conducting program evaluations and impact assessments.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
- Percentage of processes where completion falls within +/- 5% of the estimated completion.
- Average process overdue time.
- Percentage of overdue processes.
- Percentage of processes where the actual number assigned resources is less than planned number of assigned resources.
- Average time to complete task.
- Sum of deviation of time (e.g. in days) against planned schedule of all active projects.
- Masters or PhD in relevant field, or other in-depth research training.
- Experience managing staff and project-managing multi-actor research projects, and managing several projects simultaneously and under pressure of deadlines.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in conducting high-quality research in the humanitarian relief or development field or relevant policy sector
- Skilled communicator and trainer.
- Excellent track record of impartial and objective analysis.
- Experience in writing reports and presenting complex information in a clear fashion.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of situation inside Syria and strong judgment for evaluating information from Syria.
- IT skills (Microsoft Office, internet, Skype).
- Self-motivation, efficiency, flexibility and practical sense.
- Neutrality and impartiality; good judgment; ability to handle pressure and abide by security regulations.
Native-level speaker of Arabic; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Candidate should be living in Turkey.
- If you applying to this job by Email please include the job code in the subject (VA050)