Internship- Resident Coordinator's Office
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Colombo, Sri Lanka
Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 20:00
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will support the work of the RCO, under the direct supervision of the Coordination Officer. The specific tasks are outlined below:
- Assists in coordinating and documenting discussions and outcomes of meetings, workshops, retreats, missions in a clear and concise way;
- Coordinates and participates in the work of the UNDAF thematic group activities and provides logistical support to the working groups;
- Provide research support to the preparation of RC talking points, statements for internal and external audiences;
- Support the collection of data and information for concept notes and project proposals;
- Contribute to research reports and publications; policy position/discussion papers, and knowledge management products;
- Provide coordination and administrative support to UNCT and RCO activities; and
- Any other tasks as advised by the RCO.
Required Skills and Experience
- Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Persons in the development-related fields, preferably with a focus on Development Studies, International Relations, Law, Economics, Peace and Conflict Studies, Social Sciences, or any other related field.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required and proficiency in Sinhala and/or Tamil will be an advantage
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal).
- Willingness to travel to and stay some or more days at project sites mostly in the Interior.
How To Apply: