Internship- Resident Coordinator's Office
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Colombo, Sri Lanka
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will support the work of the RCO, under the direct supervision of the Coordination Officer. The specific tasks are outlined below:
- Assists in coordinating and documenting discussions and outcomes of meetings, workshops, retreats, missions in a clear and concise way;
- Coordinates and participates in the work of the UNDAF thematic group activities and provides logistical support to the working groups;
- Provide research support to the preparation of RC talking points, statements for internal and external audiences;
- Support the collection of data and information for concept notes and project proposals;
- Contribute to research reports and publications; policy position/discussion papers, and knowledge management products;
- Provide coordination and administrative support to UNCT and RCO activities; and
- Any other tasks as advised by the RCO.
Required Skills and Experience
- Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Persons in the development-related fields, preferably with a focus on Development Studies, International Relations, Law, Economics, Peace and Conflict Studies, Social Sciences, or any other related field.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required and proficiency in Sinhala and/or Tamil will be an advantage
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal).
- Willingness to travel to and stay some or more days at project sites mostly in the Interior.
How To Apply: