Investment Officer / Senior Investment Officer
International Finance Corporation(IFC), Lagos, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
These will include but not be limited to:
- Represent IFC vis-a-vis the Government (federal and state level), donor and business community. Maintain strong relationships with key ministries, agencies, and business community. Ensure that the Government, international and business community have awareness of IFC’s products and value addition, including investment and advisory products and the standards and requirements.
- In cooperation with regional management and regional strategist, support development and execution of the WBG country strategy. Report on IFC activities in the country for management.
- Develop partnership with WB Country Office and relevant project teams to achieve WBG country goals, including input on Private Sector Development. Identify and encourage opportunities for cooperation within WBG.
- Lead business development for investment projects, engage in project financial analysis with investment teams as an integral member for investment and support portfolio teams for the life of the project. Participate in missions, concept review meetings, and appraisal of projects.
- Liaise with IFC investment teams to monitor progress and performance of projects and to solve potential problems. Identify and help address key country and sponsor reputational risks.
- Oversee less experienced staff on project teams, ensuring quality execution, good client service, and development of staff;
- Assist in the design of TOR for specialized consultant support to project teams, and in the selection and management of consultants;
- Lead technical, legal, regulatory, financial and commercial assessment of advisory transactions;
- Participate and lead in the structuring of alternative solutions for client governments, which sustainably balance the needs of commercial investors and operators with the client’s public policy objectives;
- Manage the drafting and negotiation of contractual and bidding documents such as concession agreements, shareholder agreements, etc.
- Lead the marketing of the transaction to potential investors;
- Manage the execution of competitive, transparent tender processes, and the resultant finalization of contractual agreements between investors and client governments;
- Meet individual business objectives and support the department meeting IFC’s business objectives;
- Support the recruiting, learning and career development of less experienced staff;
- Play a strong role in managing sectoral and business know-how to help IFC maintain high-quality global service to its PPP clients;
- Assist the managers in further strengthening the IFC business.
- Oversee gathering of information on sectors, trends, and terms of domestic and international investment.
- Support development of overall country office communications strategy.
- Backstop the Country Manager’s role in maintaining responsibility for all office administration, security, business continuity, and country office funds for the IFC office. Participation in UN Security Management Team.
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- At least 8-years experience in business consulting, project finance and/or infrastructure economics, with good knowledge, networks and proven credibility in the Sub Saharan African business community and governmental organisations and institutions;
- Strong networks that will enable the candidate to quickly generate constructive relationships within government;
- Deep understanding of infrastructure trends and key issues, and experience in working with different infrastructure sub-sectors;
- Experience working in public sector or extensively on public sector projects a plus
- Experience and familiarity with regulatory, pricing, and other public policy issues related to infrastructure;
- Understanding of concession design and other risk allocation & mitigation structures;
- Understanding of public-private partnerships (PPPs) and different structures for engaging the private participation in the delivery of infrastructure services;
- Strong financial modelling skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in written and oral; ability to convey ideas and positions clearly; Communication skills in French is desirable;
- Strong experience in the design, implementation and successful closing of transactions;
- Motivated and enthusiastic about the opportunities and challenges of working in Sub Saharan Africa to achieve sustainable development.