IT Specialist/System Administrator
Project Concern International, Washington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The IT Specialist/System Administrator position is a versatile helpdesk and SharePoint support position. Responsibilities include providing hardware, software, and systems support in a Microsoft Windows and Office 365 environment with emphasis on SharePoint knowledge and expertise. Additional responsibilities include network support, servers, telecommunications, desktop and application issues. This position will be based in the DC office and supports PCI’s global operations in 12 countries. Includes providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support by answering phone calls, responding to emails and documenting, tracking and routing issues in a ticket tracking system.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer cloud-based Office 365 platform, including SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype For Business, and Exchange/Email and creation of accounts for new employees, providing technical support to existing users of the system and deactivating accounts for departed employees.
- Assist the IT Manager in deployment of various IT systems as needed.
- Administer other global IT systems as adopted by the organization under direction of the IT Manager
- Monitor antivirus, active directory, and other server activity
- Resolve network and computer issues
- Setup and configure new computers using Acronis Imaging software
- Maintain spreadsheets of hardware Assets and IP addresses
- Work under the direction of the IT Manager to research solutions and conduct technology market surveys
- Remotely fix workstations using Direct Connect and TeamViewer or other remote software tool
- Monitor, resolve and maintain all conference rooms audio/visual connections and software
- Willingness to rollup sleeves to install hardware or wiring in ceilings, floors, server rooms or other office locations to ensure proper connectivity and operations of the various hardware equipment
- Maintain network documentation as directed
- Support users in a global environment and varying time zones
- Participate in the creation, implementation and continual improvement of standards, processes and procedures required to deliver high quality service
- Administer users on Chatter platform, including creation of accounts for new employees, providing technical support to existing users of the system and deactivating usernames for departed employees.
- Support hardware and software acquisition globally in the 12 countries that PCI operates in
- Work with the IT manager to reconcile the IT budget for hardware and software acquisitions
- Review the helpdesk performance indicators and SLA's with vendors
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
- Ability to work independently and also as a team member is a must
- Ability to interact with people from different cultures
- Bachelor’s Degrees or technical training in Information Technology, and 6+ years of experience in a similar role. Strong technical skills in mobile and computer technology
- Capacity to quickly learn new systems and solve complex technical problems with creativity
- Ability to perform analysis and research of various technologies independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum 2 years' experience supporting SharePoint
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, MS Office 365, MS servers, AD, networking protocols and troubleshooting, wireless AP’s.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or equivalent Technical Certification required
- Working knowledge of AD and GPO
- Work experience administrating, supporting and maintaining Enterprise Backup and Recovery systems.
- Work experience designing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft based enterprise applications and systems.
- Familiarity with multiple domain environments
- Working knowledge of domain troubleshooting
- Powershell expertise
- Scripting languages expertise
- Mobile device management and troubleshooting
- Salesforce support and maintenance
- Speaking Spanish or other foreign languages