World Vision International is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual who can ensure that World Vision’s programmes in Jordan are of quality and represented well to the international community through effective project design, proposal development, and grant management. Under the direction of the Senior Programme Officer, the Junior Programme Officer will work with the Programmes and Operations teams, as well as other relevant internal and external stakeholders, to develop new proposals, startup new grants, and report on ongoing grants to relevant ministries and coordination mechanisms.
Project Design & Proposal Development
- Document and share needs analyses to ensure appropriate data is available for donor submissions
- Coordinate the proposal development process for assigned proposal submissions, ensuring that these submissions follow donor guidelines and meet WV Grant Management Minimum Standards.
- Collaborate with all WVJ departments and, where relevant, Support Offices, Global Centre and the Regional Office for the development of concept notes and proposals for assigned donors, including the drafting of agreed sections in narrative proposals
- Ensure that each proposal follows the agreed internal sign-off procedures prior to donor submission
- Maintain WVJ’s contribution to WV’s grant management information system (Horizon System)
Grant Startup & Management
- Ensure that approved proposal documents are shared with relevant WVJ teams, including through a shared filing system
- Develop and submit all applications and requests to the Ministry of Planning & International Cooperation (MoPIC), in coordination with relevant staff
- Represent WVJ to MoPIC for regular follow up on all applications
- Support the facilitation of grant startup workshops
- In coordination with the Government Liaison Officer, respond to requests for information from the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD) and MoPIC, including the annual and semi-annual reporting obligations
- Act as a focal point for assigned Support Offices and other donors
- In coordination with relevant project staff and MEAL staff, report monthly into the UNHCR ActivityInfo online system
- Support the response to requests for information from the sector working groups, as needed.
- Represent WVJ at sector working group meetings as needed
- Support senior management in the coordination of internal reporting
- Support the Programmes and Communications team in hosting visitors to the Jordan office
- Monitor compliance of specific donor rules and regulations through field visits, as needed
- Assist with other duties as requested by management
Safety and Security Responsibilities:
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Bachelor's degree with equivalent work experience (1-2 years).
- Master’s Degree in relevant area (English, Int’l Development, Humanities, Social Work, etc.)
Experience: Work experience in international relief and development in various geographical areas, or extensive experience in one; 1-2 years.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of the aid architecture (UN systems, Cluster system)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent writing skills (especially in English) with a focus on clarity, brevity and research
- Public speaking and meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Access, Google Platforms
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team
- Good sense of humor
- Willingness to learn, improve, and develop professionally (and help others to as well)
- Willingness (at times) to work long hours or on weekends
- Work experience leading/assisting in large, extended project consisting of multiple deadlines, stakeholders, and activities
- Writing experience
- Direct work experience with the Ministry of Planning & International Cooperation, UN agencies, and other INGOs.
- Proven work experience reporting on large quantities of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Program development and management
- Nonprofit fundraising and donor relations