Junior Project Officer Internships
Spark, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Junior Project Officer Internships will work together with the other JPOs to implement SPARK’s internships project in coordination with several Jordanian Higher Education Institutes, the Jordan Chamber of Industry and other essential partners under the direct supervision of the Project Officer Internships.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain partnerships with organizations that can provide internships for Jordanian and Syrian youth create partnership plans and conduct site visits.
- Plan, coordinate and advertise and on-campus and off-campus internship events for interns.
- Act as a liaison between the interns and the internship or placement providers.
- Provide interns with internship information; make sure they understand their responsibilities and duties as stated in internship guidelines
- Match interns to internship providers.
- Organize or coordinate (soft skills) trainings if applicable.
- Ensure remuneration on basis of the evaluated internships.
- Maintain the database and ensure internship documents are completed accurately and are kept securely, including internship contracts, intern records, attendance and evaluations of the internships.
- Participate in internal office coordination and planning meetings
- Other assigned tasks, as necessary.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Business or other relevant subject area;
- Specialized background in workforce development, employment promotion, economic and market development or education is an asset;
- 1-3 years of working experience in a prior comparable position;
- Record of successful outreach to fulfill business/industry needs and develop strong employer partnerships;
- Experience with executing special events;
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Good communication and social skills, flexibility and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and English are essential;
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently;
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), the internet and use of social media for outreach purposes;
- Accurate, structured and precise;
- Able to travel locally and out of Amman.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A gross monthly salary between 600 and 800 JD including social security and applicable taxes, depending on professional experience and based on a full-time appointment of 40 hours;
- A dynamic working experience.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.