Local Consultant: Finance Assistance
UN Children's Fund, Manila, Philippines
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
- Review all payment to a vendor including supporting documents. Record invoice numbers, corresponding invoice amount and date of payment per transaction.
- Identify invoices against the unapplied payments.
- Validate and confirm if invoices were paid or not paid.
- Detailed report per transaction including copies of supporting documents.
- Weekly progress report.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance and related disciplines.
- At least 2 years of work experience in Accounting ideally in a development context. Previous experience in UNICEF an asset.
- A good team player with strong competencies in analytical thinking, planning and organizing and drive for results.
- Fluency in English and local language is desirable.