About the Organization
Haqdarshak is a social enterprise working to make welfare schemes more accessible to citizens by creating a multi-state, multi-lingual, mobile technology platform that helps citizens discover, apply for, and benefit from, government and private schemes that they qualify for. They can use the platform through a local trained facilitator, the ‘Haqdarshak’, or themselves, on payment of a small service fee, which makes it financially sustainable. The promoters have immense experience in entrepreneurship and grassroots work in this area.
The ‘Haqdarshaks’, as they are called, are people from the community and working on incentive based model where the income is based on number of citizens assisted in availing benefits of schemes. In 2015, we completed our research for States like Delhi, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu with a pilot of about 200 families in urban. From 2016 onwards, our focus is directed towards research of schemes for Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Tamil Nadu and Delhi, for Central Government, State Government as well as private schemes.
The organization has entered into multiple partnerships with government (Rajasthan, Haryana) and corporate organizations (Tata Trust, PRADAN, TRIF, JPAL, Save the Children, MAVIM, Swadesh Foundation, Center for Social Justice (CSJ) amongst many others) to roll out the services. We want to touch a million lives in the next one year through effective use of technology and using network of people of on ground. The organization has won multiple awards indifferent platforms organized by MyGov, Deity, Sankalp Global Innovation forum, TIE Bangalore, Harvard SAI IIT Delhi, amongst others.
Please visit our website www.haqdarshak.com to learn more about the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primarily, the position requires to lead the Haqdarshak Model for the State and be accountable for the overall implementation and meeting targets at the State level with a vision and leadership to take the movement beyond set boundaries.
- Prepare training manuals for Haqdarshak selection and training process
- Coordinate with the technology team and research team for effectual on-ground implementation
- Routinely communicate with stakeholders to identify key issues and establish innovative tools and mechanisms and generate new implementation approaches to disseminate public scheme information to the wider range of target audience, overall ensure optimum operational efficiency
- Build and manage team of part time and full time resources, as required and be accountable & responsible for the performance of this team who will be directly reporting to the Senior Manager
- Support the team in fulfilling its on-ground and research responsibilities, including training, preparing manuals and documentation and maintaining of records regularly required to meet Admin, HR and Accounting compliance
- Lead the team effectively for meeting targets with effective plan design and execution
- Be an effective interface between the team and Functional Heads for meeting all Organizational compliance · Report revenue and other defined targets regularly to the CEO
- Set a disciplined code of conduct in self as well as build the same within the team
- Required to maintain necessary documentation and reports and deliver the same to the organization; Study various initiatives taken by government, NGOs, corporate, private institutions in this space
- Foster partnerships with government and non-government institutions aligned to the Organizational cause to facilitate on ground implementation process The position is functionally to Lead Operations in the State, simultaneously required to work closely with the research and product team to ensure delivery of scheme benefits to targeted beneficiaries.
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters in any disciple (Management / Social enterprise is preferable).
- Desired experience of minimum 5-10 years preferably in social sector domain.
- Good communication skills in English (read, write, speak) and Hindi (read, speak) and the regional language.
- In the past experience should have worked with big network of entrepreneurs/volunteers in delivering services to the citizens.
- Have extensive experience of training and working on target-based mode.
- Should be interested and motivated to work in the domain of public schemes/policies/welfare & development. Prior experience is a plus.
- Determined and motivated to reach targets and meet tight deadlines
- Must be willing to travel extensively as per requirement, which will also involve travel to low income communities and rural districts.
- Firm believer of personal integrity and respect for individuals
- Must respect and comply Organizational protocol
There are openings for the following locations -
Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Haryana, Delhi, Maharashtra.
Nature of Positions Available for
- Will be competitive as per market standards and in accordance to the relevant work experience