Manager- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Voluntary Service Overseas, Kampala, Uganda
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Lead development and implementation of a robust Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (MEL) strategy aligned to VSO Uganda Country Strategic Plan and VSO's Global Results Framework.
- Developing MEL System
- Data Integrity Management
- Reviews & Evaluations
- Learning & knowledge sharing
- Programme development and delivery
- Working together – Adds Value Proactively enables and encourages team work in others
- Communicating and Influencing – Adds Value Proactively builds constructive relationships through clear communication and generates effective discussion and mutual support for plans and ideas
- Managing Knowledge – Adds Value Proactively seeks out new knowledge sources (people and data); uses and shares knowledge effectively; shares learning identified through M&E activities and suggests programmatic improvements based on same
- Striving For Excellence – Aware Wants to learn and improve; responds to feedback and strives to meet objectives set by others
- Managing People – Aware Requests and follows up on appropriate support from others; raise concerns about un co-operative colleagues in an appropriate way.
- Developing People – Aware Gives constructive feedback that helps others identify and meet development needs.
- Leading for the future- Aware Is enthusiastic about VSO’s work, lives VSO’s values and is open to new ideas.
- Thinking Strategically – Aware Understands the context of own role; considers impact of own work on that of others.
- Delivering results – Adds Value Analyses objectives, considers options, plans and manages appropriately; holds self and team accountable for achieving goals
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject; specialisation in one or more MEL areas will be an advantage.
- At least five years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to provide high quality MEL related trainings
- Highly competent and experienced in research and evaluation with up to date knowledge in MEL.
- Experience of developing, co-ordinating, planning standards, tools and techniques.
- Ability to actively support a team to manage competing work priorities and deliver on MEL.
- Experience in developing MEL systems and processes – particularly working and managing data – including analysing raw data
- Solid IT skills; experience in use of SPSS, EPI-Info and other packages; qualitative data analysis tools/softwares.
- Experience in the use of participatory methodology / tools for M&E
- Strong time management, organisation skills and commitment to excel
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact, discretion and sensitivity.
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Sound judgement and the confidence to take appropriate action; a high degree of initiative and persistence. Ability to analyse and synthesize complex information.
- Ability to build productive working relationships, influence and engage others. Excellent interpersonal skills, working effectively with others, listening, understanding and achieving appropriate results.
- Numerate; confident, experienced and accurate when dealing with financial and other data.